M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend an updated list of those doing this kind of service? I have 2 TRW trigger groups that are not particularly nice looking finish wise but they lock up fine and shoot good. I would like to get at least one refurbished.
Thanks!
S/F

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
It just so happens that we have a batch of parts getting done within a few weeks.

If you want to send it over, I'll cover your cost for refinishing if you post the pictures of it here afterwards. Just send me $12 to cover shipping and insurance back to you.

The guys in the shop accuse me of not saying much about some of the services we offer, so here I am. We do some very fine refinishing work on trigger groups.

Edit to add: I don't want to leave anyone out, so now until June 27th. Any triggers groups we receive for refinishing will be $15 to include shipping.

Keep in mind, if you remove the mag latch pin and spring, it would make this a lot easier for us. If you don't we'll handle it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Jon,

Can you redo a spline too? I have a trigger group that could use a refinish, but the spline could use some repair first.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Jon, thanks for such a great service to the community here!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Edit to add: I don't want to leave anyone out, so now until June 27th. Any triggers groups we receive for refinishing will be $15 to include shipping.

Keep in mind, if you remove the mag latch pin and spring, it would make this a lot easier for us. If you don't we'll handle it.
Outstanding! And very generous of you. Never thought to ask if you coordinating parts refinishing.

Since I have a few old and worn looking TG does the offer extend to sending in more than one? Say a few.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Spline

On the splines don't expect perfection; we generally nail it and it's hard to see, but sometimes small inclusions pop up. I randomly picked up a TRW from the tool bin. It was the first one I grabbed. It looks pretty good, but if you look very closely at the bottom you can see the remnants of the old beat up spline.

This one has been repaired and then subsequently refinished.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Received my TRW trigger group back from Jon Wolfe today and all I can say is wow! He reparked the TG and fixed the spline. It looks like it just came out of the package. Check out the before pictures above then compare to the after photos I have posted here. The spline looks perfect. Jon you are the man!

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Looks terrific. Park has a good color and looks robust. Should protect your TG for many decades.

Reactions: ltcol0802
1 - 20 of 26 Posts