M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had a choice between an M-14 w/18 1/2” barrel, a SCAR 17 standard or a M700 Rem SPS tactical w/ 20” barrel and replaceable magazine option, what would you chose? You can only have one and it will be a general purpose all around SHTF or Walter Mitty rifle.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I'm not sure just what a Scar17 is but assume it's the 7.62 version. I'll take a '14 for parts and general magazine availability over the Scar and for tactical use over the 700. Even with an extended magazine a bolt gun can't compete speed wise with the semi auto and they aren't designed to run as hot as the military style rifles over long fire strings. Garand pattern rifles have been proven for a LONG time; the Scar looks good but.......? Right now I think I'd TAKE a Garand over the other two if I couldn't have a '14. A history of operation in all situations is important to me.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine is gonna be....

An 18.5" LRB M-25, USGI synthetic stock, 2.5 x 10 scope, Gemtech Quicksand suppressor.
Light enough to pack all day in rough country, accurate to way out there, fast and quiet when it needs to be.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
For SHTF I want an all around battle rifle, lots of ammo, high capacity mags, proven on the battle field, quick to break down and quicker to re-assemble, heavy enough to knock a horse down with for close quarters work, able to send the most rounds down range in the shortest amount of time, and most of all I want MOJO, lots of MOJO. I'll take the M14 first choice then the SCAR 17 second.

·
Registered
229 Posts
la rue obr or les baer 308 would be my choices. .5 moa guarantee from les baer and moa from larue but many have been getting .5 moa ; better than many bolt guns

·
Registered
266 Posts
Photon plasma laser zapper for me.
+1

But I love my M14... well LRB M14SA to be exact... but thats my gun wouldn't choose the Scar (really? the thing is fugly) or 700 over the 14 no how no way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts