M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Enterprise has their M14 receiver on sale for $399.00. Does anyone have any information about them? The Fulton Armory receiver is promising. What are they getting for it? :?:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
"Welcome Aboard" Highlander ..... :wink:

Though I have heard of them I do not know much about them at present but I am sure that someone here has and can fill you in shortly.

Hope to see you around the board and have a super day!

Six

·
Registered
498 Posts
Highlander said:
I see that Enterprise has their M14 receiver on sale for $399.00. Does anyone have any information about them? The Fulton Armory receiver is promising. What are they getting for it? :?:
Highlander,

I talked with Ron Smith yesterday and he spoke highly of the Entreprise Arms receivers. He stated, "There is no better Receiver on the market today". I've placed an order for one to build a Bush Rfile.

Greg

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Entreprise Recv'r

Hi. I have one that's about 9-10 years old now. The only thing I had to change was the Flash hider/bayo lug went into the tool box for a CA legal compensator when they changed the laws. I bought a USGI parts kit from Bluegrass Armory and it sat for a while till I bought one.

It's fit and finish is great, better than the Springfield ones I have seen, and the color matches my "original" Springfield '59 M-14 parts. It also has all the marks (like the scribes on the left of the sight knob area) the M-14 recv'r has on it

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
response on enterprise....

pasted below is a short story of my dealings with entreprise arms in irwindale cali. i sent this to them via email and got no reply...

in february of this year, i ordered an M14A2 receiver. i sent it to ted brown in oregon along with a like new TRW barrel and TRW bolt (and the rest of the complete rifle). he worked on barreling and headspacing the bolt. it would not go. he called your company and they said to send it down. laurence got the receiver and proceeded to barrel and headspace the bolt. when ted got it back he couldnt get the shortest .308 gage to go into the gun. he called laurence and explained the problem. laurence said to send it back, that he would look at it and make corrections (again) and order a new set of gages to make sure his werent worn out. ted sent it back...

laurence called ted who called me with the news that the receiver would need extensive rework and a second heat treating to work, or he could make a new receiver. i told laurence that rework was unacceptable and to make a new receiver. he said no problem that he would get right on it. this was the 2nd week of march i believe...

i called laurence several times and he was either out sick or still working on the receiver. when i talked to him in may, he was still waiting to send the receiver out for heat treat and final gaging...

i was called by ted the 3rd week of july to say that he had gotten the barrelled receiver from laurence and that he was assembling the rest of the rifle. he said that the bolt was headspaced but not my much and that he recommended i NOT shoot anything but standard load .308 rounds. he felt i would have problems with military surplus that was possibly a bit oversized. he test fired it for function and it did function...

well i got the rifle about 4 days later on the 31st of july. i took it to the range and was preparing to fire it when i noticed that there were no windage or elevation index marks on the receiver. i called laurence and he said he would look into it. i called on the 8th and laurence told me he was trying to figure a way to fix this offline because he had another project on the machine that had just been started. he said he would see what he could do and told me about how his assistant had had a heart attack. at this point i was a bit miffed at having waited all summer for my rifle only to finally get it without it being correct...

having dealt with this for over 5 months and STILL not being able to use this rifle my frustration peaked. i called customer service on the 13th to tell them i wanted to strip my parts off the receiver and return it for a full refund of $632 which includes shipping and what i paid for the ffl transfer. i said i would even eat the $200 i spent to get the rifle built. after i explained all of this to customer service, i was transferred to laurence to whom i had to explain AGAIN that i was dissatisfied with it and i wanted to return it. he said he would have to talk with the owner and get back to me next week which was LAST week. i havent heard anything yet so please acknowledge that i will be returning this receiver for a cash refund of $632. if YOU cant do this rest assured i will be calling you and the owner come tuesday (8-26) of next week.

i eventually called and asked to talk with the owner the end of august. he was in my humble opinion an JERK. he gave me all sorts of reasons why his receiver was so good, how people PAY EXTRA for short headspacing for better accuracy and by the way REAL SHOOTERS dont use windage marks. they just slop some paint on the receiver so they will know which way they have gone from their 'zero'. i told him it was unacceptable. he said too bad. i asked if he had heard of the better business bureau and he asked me if that was a threat. im pretty pissed at this point and said he could take anyway he wanted. i said that the gun is NOT CORRECT and that i wanted to return it. he said NOPE. im not giving any refund, just go out, shoot it and enjoy it. he DID say i can send it back the THIRD WEEK of november and he would put it right on the machine ( he has several CNC machines that cost $250,000. big deal. my plant has 7 CNC machines that AVERAGE $5million) and send it back priority...

they have $399 receivers because they built a bunch of them and they are not right...

mine WILL BE 8 months after i bought it...

david

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
Sounds like Enterprise Arms still owes you a $200.00 refund since they dropped the price to $399.00

Seems to me like another Fed.Ord. all over again. :twisted:
I know I won't be buying 1 of those receivers ever.

warbird out

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
WOW! 8O

This certainly does'nt sound very good for Enterprise now does it ...

Six

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have sent one receiver back for lack of windage marks and after the hassle of talking with them (Entreprise Arms) sold the replacement receiver they finally sent.

Sorry guys...........

Greg

·
Registered
199 Posts
Re: oops. i wasnt logged in. Ltdave NTXT

ltdave said:
David Sorry to hear about your problems with them. I was considering my options on a receiver and they just made sure I wouldn't use theirs. I will try and contact them and let them know why I wouldn't buy one of their receivers now. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I built a FAL with one of their type III receivers. It would have been easier and cheaper in the long run to have used an Imbel and swapped in some extra US parts. I think most guys have a bad opinion of the FAL stuff.

I also used to have one of their P-14 1911 clones. It was about a piece of junk, too. It worked alright but looked for like a Llama than a Para Ordnance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts