M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a 1907 type leather sling that is dark red. Does anyone make one that color?

Thanks for your help!

Rchjr

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Ron Brown makes one in mahogony color. That is a deep redish brown.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
rchjr.....

or what you can do is what i did. i slathered mine in Pecards leather dressing and set it out in the Summer sun for a day and this is how it turning out. i had to keep applying the Pecards every couple hours or so as it drys up quick in the sun. gave my new leather a nice natural russet sunkissed look!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blacktail 8541,

I am almost afraid to ask this, who is Ron Brown? I dont think I have heard his name before?

Charlene 32,

What kind of sling was it before you used the " Pecards Leather Dressing "?. Where can I get some of it? Nice looking sling by the way.

Thank you both for replying.

Rchjr

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd recommend going for quality first, then the color. Perhaps something from Les Tam, with a bit of leather dye to achieve the desired color...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sir, take a look at John Weller slings. He makes one in Ox-Blood that is a pretty dark red. There are pics on his website. I have 2 of John's slings and couldn't be happier with his product. Very good quality slings. HTH

www.slingsbyjhw.com

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TCAF,

Thanks for the link, yes that is the color I was looking for.

Thanks again to all who replied,

Rchjr

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sir, glad I could help. You will not be disapointed with a JHW sling. Every time I sling up in one, I wonder why I didn't start with his product. Also, a very honorable man to deal with. Enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts