M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a post was put on the board, which was lost during the server problem, asked about M-14 clipart. I had also posted a clipart that I drew awhile ago, so here it is again.......it is ok to use.
http://sparrowhawkm14.bizland.com/M14drawing.jpg
the part of the image at the bottom right were not on the image I uploaded....don't know where it came from.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hey Hawk,

I think the guy who was asking must have got it before the crash because I seen your post up before the thread disappeared.

I also thought some of Bill Ricca's scans from the old manuals would have been a kick to add as clipart.

Seems like a lot of us on the forum use CorelDraw products. Hmm, I would probably guess lots of the guys are computer guys in M14/M1A disguise.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Corel, but I didn't use it for this pic.....I drew it by hand and then scanned it as a JPG.....I've noticed that a lot of the pics I see on the net have the same type image properties. But there's nothing wrong with being in M14/M1A disguise most of the time. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Free Hand?

Hawk,

You did this free hand? Jumpin Jeehooosaaphat! That's talent. :lol: So you're an artist and a computer guru in M14/M1A disguise, huh?

Sonofagun... What other talents lay hidden under the uniform?

That is really great work. I do all kinds of technical diagrams for work but have given up on free hand since CorelDraw 3! made its debut.

Keep up the good work! I'm going to see if a friend of mine can provide some of his drawings that he's done. He's also a battlerifle kind a guy.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom, I wouldn't say Computer "Guru" I wish I knew how to do a lot more with Corel.....I have Corel 8. Just between you and me :wink: I also have over 30 yrs in the Martial Arts with Black Belts in 3 different arts. 2 styles of Ju-Jitsu and 1 style of Karate. :roll:

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Unreal!

Hey Hawk:

I'll bet you've got one heck of a resume, huh? I like your qualies. 8O The soft touch of the hand and the bite of 7.62! Cool. :lol: 8)

I spoke to a friend of mine that did his time in Viet Nam but now runs part of the University of Hawaii Publications Department. Aside from also being a "battlerifle" kind of guy, he did comic type cartoons of combat in Viet Nam on his spare time with unbelievable detail. We spend as much time as possible catching up with our latest "hardware" purchases and yak about almost anything having to do with shooting whenever we can.

I would like to invite him to your forum, and wanted to get your permission first.

I think Jim would be interested in some of discussions that occur and may even be able to contribute. I know he has much more experience with "battlerifles" than I.

Please let me know if its okay for the invite.

Aloha and Best Wishes.

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom, This is an open invitation forum. (Trolls will be shot on sight :lol: ) Please, by all means necessary :lol: extend our invitation to Jim....he is very welcome here...we'd be glad to have him. :D :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts