M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
If you go to the search function at the top of the forum and click on search, enter lubricant, you will find enough reading to take you late into the night. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
What is that stuff that comes in the little bottles made to fit a butt stock? I see them on GB - anyone know if it is repro junk?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
What is that stuff that comes in the little bottles made to fit a butt stock? I see them on GB - anyone know if it is repro junk?
Plastilube, a very good grease for the M1, M14 ect.
I recently located an unopened 1lb GI can. I also have a dozen of the grease pots and will use the can to refill them when needed.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Either one of those greases is easily stored in and applied with a fat plastic hypodermic syringe, which will fit in your buttstock.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Me, too. The modern white grease I have used for years turns brown, grey or green and seems to attract rust. Just bought somes tubes of Super Lube and re-lubed my carbines, M1's, Krag, '03's and M1A's. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I picked up some Super Lube from Harbor Freight and it seems to hold up well

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
I picked up some Super Lube from Harbor Freight and it seems to hold up well
I'm gonna try some Super Lube on a .45 and see how it runs before I take a chance with it on a rifle. It may be fine but Lubriplate and Plastilube are jealous mistresses.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Lubriplate goes on my M14s and 1911. Tried a few other products, including some of the new technology lubricants, but keep coming back to the old standard. It works well and costs little, a combination I like.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Super lube seems to do the trick.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Mobile 1 Sythentic in the can or tube is excellent grease that meets all the required specifications and is very inexpensive when compared to others. Buy in automotive supply store. I think a can of it which is around a pint or so is about seven dollars and it is a lifetime supply. I also use on my M1 Garands with excellent results. Different looked at the specs a while back and it met what was needed and then some. Doesn't ticken up in very cold temps or run in hot ones. Lubriplate is nice if you are into vintage greese but there is not need for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts