M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a LRB reciever that Ive been using for HP . While cleaning it after the season I noticed a small divot on right side of reciever just above where the bolt locks in. It doesn't seem to affect the cycling of the weapon at all. I did notice my M1 garands have quite a bit of wear in there and wonder if this is normal? I would post pics but can't find the camera. Gotta bug the wife about that.

·
Super Moderator
11,527 Posts
Yes, at the downward right angle on the right side where the bolt locks in. I have that same mark and it doesn't seem to have any negative effect. I'd press on without concern. The biggest concern in that area is the bolt lug surface contact. 82nd will be able to ellaborate more on that topic. I have about 1700 trouble-free rounds through mine.

Every manufacturer has their quirks. I'm not sure if other makers have this same issue or not.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I have the same wear pattern on mine without any issues.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool now I can quit freting about it . Thanks to everyone. Oh and by the way was able to move up from marksman to sharpshooter with my m14 in HP. Love this rifle!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.