M14 Forum banner

Lrb t44e4

Tags
lrb nj* t44e4
2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  jim-analog 
#1 ·
Planning an LRB build. Will be an EBR but that's beside the point. Since I live in NJ I have to jump through hoops when it comes to firearms. Now I've found 3-4 dealers that will transfer the weapon to me even though it is marked M-14SA when NJ specifically lists that M-14S is an illegal "assault" weapon. The "A" make a distinction which omits the LRB from the banned list. That being said, last night I discovered that I can get the same receiver marked T44E4, the preceding designator to to m-14. I believe this will help avoid potential situations with law enforcement and the hairyness of possessing an M-14SA. My question is, what do you all think of this idea. Would it "bobo" up my build? Is that designation going to hurt resale? Will my receiver be seen as undesirable? Might be worth less headaches anyway but I'd rather be informed as to what it means long term in the M-14 fanboy world. What can you say to this idea?

#9 ·
Personally, I have avoided anything with M14 on it, regardless of the suffix. It's not up to the dealer, it's up to the officer who confiscates it and the District Attorney who decides whether or not to prosecute. You may win in the end on the technicality, but it will cost you $$$$$$$ in legal fees.

You might try contacting the State Attorney General's office to see if they have already made a ruling on this matter.

Otherwise, I recommend the T44 or M25 heel stamp if you want an LRB. Fulton Armory offers an M21 stamp just for us NJ folks.

#13 ·
Greetings,

Shawn, get whichever heel stamp works in nj and don't even worry about resale! It will end up so awesome (regardless of nomenclature) that you'll never sell it anyway. Enjoy!

Regards, Jim

Planning an LRB build. My question is, what do you all think of this idea. Would it "bobo" up my build? Is that designation going to hurt resale? Will my receiver be seen as undesirable? Might be worth less headaches anyway but I'd rather be informed as to what it means long term in the M-14 fanboy world. What can you say to this idea?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.