M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, all,

The LRB parts kits are of interest to me, and I'm not bothered by the fact that the gas cylinder, op rod, and flash suppressor are commercial parts, however I am curious: Is the gas cylinder the $62 or $110 dollar one that they sell?

I've seen one comment on the kits, has anyone else had experience they'd like to share as to the wear, etc. of the parts?

LRB's customer satisfaction is great so I'm not worried about that part.

Thank you in advance for your time and interest.

Warmest regards,
Rob

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I' am interested in the condition of the LRB kits as well.

My guess is the $62 one that is in the kit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I' am interested in the condition of the LRB kits as well.

My guess is the $62 one that is in the kit.
Good afternoon, BrokenVet.

I elected to purchase a kit from LRB, so I'll let you know what the condition is once I've had a chance to look it over. All USGI parts are supposed to be serviceable, and I'm hoping that they aren't just barely serviceable. I suspect they will be fine just based on LRB's reputation. If you don't here back from me before Christmas about this, it's probably because I forgot, so don't hesitate to PM me to jog my memory!

Warmest regards,
Rob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good afternoon, BrokenVet,

I received the parts kit from LRB today and I am pleased with what I received. The parts were exactly as described, and in generally excellent condition. The stock was not pretty, but it was better than the description LRB had and much better than I expected.

The trigger assy in general is excellent, however I wish the guide rail on the RH side of the trigger housing had not been peened quite so much. I may or may not replace that. I'll clean it up with an Arkansas stone and see what it looks like.

The bolt that I purchased with it was outstanding. The other parts were equally excellent. The new parts were as described, and though I haven't checked them dimensionally against Kuhnhausen's book, they seem to be well made with nothing overt to mention (i.e. no burrs, poor surfaces, etc.)

I feel that I got a reasonable value and that the parts were much better than expected. I am quite pleased and they were very professional at LRB.

Hope this helps, BrokenVet.

Warmest regards,
Rob

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

I received the parts kit from LRB today and I am pleased with what I received. The parts were exactly as described, and in generally excellent condition. The stock was not pretty, but it was better than the description LRB had and much better than I expected.

The trigger assy in general is excellent, however I wish the guide rail on the RH side of the trigger housing had not been peened quite so much. I may or may not replace that. I'll clean it up with an Arkansas stone and see what it looks like.

The bolt that I purchased with it was outstanding. The other parts were equally excellent. The new parts were as described, and though I haven't checked them dimensionally against Kuhnhausen's book, they seem to be well made with nothing overt to mention (i.e. no burrs, poor surfaces, etc.)

I feel that I got a reasonable value and that the parts were much better than expected. I am quite pleased and they were very professional at LRB.

Warmest regards,
Rob
It sure does help. I'll be ordering a kit soon.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,220 Posts

Warmest regards,
Rob
.The trigger assy in general is excellent, however I wish the guide rail on the RH side of the trigger housing had not been peened quite so much. I may or may not replace that.Pictures would be great if you can. If you replace that TG then you have a start on another build GI6

1 - 9 of 9 Posts