M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Maintenence Shop Chief
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any experience with any of these? I'm rebuilding my FedOrd, since it stretched (no fault of the gun) and won't headspace. I was going to get an Armscorp, but heard about the LRB's and wonder how good they are.

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
LRB are great recievers but another option is to find a Poly or Norinco M14 for 5-600. They are also forged. For that price you could throw away every thing except the reciever and be a few bucks a head. I am just kiding about throwing the parts away, just making a point. A lot of the Chicom parts are as good as the the USGI counter part. I have done this :p Here are a couple of examples.

Both rifle are made from Norinco rifles, I bought just for their recievers, that I paid 500.00 and 550.00(with in the last two years. The top Rifle has all USGI parts now and the DMR still has the best of the norinco parts in it. ITs a great way to go IF you can shop around and find a deal on a Chicom :p I have one more Norinco I paid 495.oo last year and I am just going to put an E2 stock on, once Law 483 get done puting the hardware on and painting her up for me, along with changing the bolt and I will have a shooter for 800.00, with a forged reciever to boot 8) Thats only 100 bucks more than a LRB reciever ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.