M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soliciting ideas for a future build for an lrb m25 receiver, and am wondering if people have ideas on what I should do with it.

I will have all of the following, so hoping for something a bit different:

lrb with heavy 22" in walnut
fulton with heavy 22" in McMillan
SAI with medium 20" NY compliant in McMillan
SAI socom in aluminium stock
Armscorp receiver with heavy 18" NY compliant in usgi fiberglass
Fulton in t44 reproduction with heavy 22"

__
In supply, I have 2 heavy SS barrels, a medium 22 criterion stainless barrel, and an 18.5 medium SEI nitrided barrel, plus usgi guts to spare. Not opposed to buying a new barrel, though they are in short supply..

Any ideas and thoughts on build ideas would be appreciated..

· Premium Member
22,440 Posts
I have an M25 with a heavy ss barrel in a JAE chassis. My rifle still holds the 10 dot record after 7 years. Would sure like to see some competition. That would make a great project for you.

Whatta Hobby!

· Registered
5,418 Posts
Hmm, I don't think I've seen any pics of this one - can you please post some on this thread?
"armscorp in t44 reproduction with heavy 22"
As to your question, I agree with nf1e, your collection is missing a JAE chassis, so that gets my vote w/ an LRB M25 receiver with integrated scope rail. This is NOT my rifle, but its definitely unique looking w/ a JAE chassis, and well suited for prone shooting with nice optic system.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Grass Gun barrel

· Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, I don't think I've seen any pics of this one - can you please post some on this thread?
corrected post. The Armscorp is actually going into fiberglass with shortened heavy barrel. The t44 is the Fulton. Both in finishing stages now. Armscorp on top, Fulton on bottom.
Wood Trigger Gun barrel Door Air gun

Wood Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Tints and shades

· Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The jae pics are tempting. I am now split between a dedicated bench rest rifle like the jae chassis options or going the route of putting it in a Minelli stock with the warfighter barrel.

I’ll have to sleep on it.

· Registered
808 Posts
The jae pics are tempting. I am now split between a dedicated bench rest rifle like the jae chassis options or going the route of putting it in a Minelli stock with the warfighter barrel.

I have a Minelli stock on my LRB. Dianna was kind enough to let me have my pick of the litter. The grain is so pretty you’d think it was on a European double rifle.

· Premium Member
22,440 Posts

JAEs are not necessarily for benchrest only shooting. This LRB M-25 has shot prone for most of it's life including all the shooting for the 10 dot. Whatta Hobby!

Grass Machine gun Gas Recreation Plant

· Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As much as I do trust that the JAE’s are tack drivers, I just don’t think it is for me.

Going to bed this receiver in a mcmillan (bought a black from US Collectors Ordinance that I will paint brown) with a heavy satern 22” stainless barrel, with a newly purchased nightforce scope on top. Giddy up!

Font Material property Publication Office equipment Revolver

Font Microphone Material property Office supplies Auto part

1 - 20 of 25 Posts