M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted some weeks ago that I had sent my rifle to LRB for final shaping/ fitting/bedding of a figured walnut stock and also unitized gas cylinder, GI operating rod, NM rear sight replacement, etc. Already had Tubbs spring kit, Sadlak op rod guide and tuned trigger so it should be good to go. (Have a very nice original GI walnut stock that I am going to place in PX) Won't have rifle until this Thursday, but just wanted to say that during this process LRB folks, Jackie and Paul, spoke to me numerous times to make sure everything was as I had requested and found them to be very detailed and professional in their respective jobs at LRB. Due to health and age am going to sell most of my other firearms but this one will stay around as long as I do.

·
Banned
4,581 Posts
Health, age and LRB........ I had to laugh....... Not laughing at you, but with you. That is getting to be my position in life. Those folks still do business the old school way. You've given me an idea........ Perhaps I'll just be buried with one of my LRB's....LOL

Hobo

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, shot with a fine gentleman for number of years and a fine shooter he was and upon his "passing" he was buried with his shooting jacket, favorite rifle ,etc. A friend and I asked this fellow to give us some pointers on Long Range shooting and he was very helpful and his favorite technique was to have us "play in the X ring" by telling us to shoot a 12 o'clock X, then 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and finally 9 o'clock @ 600yds., all prone with sling and "irons." With his coaching we finally were able to do as he asked. I am sure where he is these days there is no wind, always bright and sunny and still playing in the X ring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts