M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the last LRB completed, #1044. It is built with all minty H&R parts including a new 1961 H&R chrome lined barrel. The stock is an unissued USGI black walnut , lightly oiled with Fred Johnsons "National Match Armorer Natural Walnut Oil" (not Fred of Fred's M14 stocks). This particular stock has a lot of figure, but the picture size restriction prevents you to appreciate it.

LRB #1042 and LRB #1043 both were built with all newish TRW parts except for the barrels which are new Douglas medium weights. Stocks are unissued USGI walnut with Freds oil. After receiving these unissued stocks and talking with the gentleman who purchased them at auction, I decided to leave them in their NEW condition and not soak the linseed oil to them.

The fourth rifle off to the right is my Springfield "Loaded" M1A. Not much exciting about it except I have retro fitted all parts with TRW.

All rifles have Roosters op rod spring guides in them, and all rifles have the complete buttstock kits, including the short oiler. Will add Hawks Dummy kits as soon as they arrive.

The flash hiders are USGI reamed out to NM and have been rendered unable to affix a bayonet to.

So, these 3 LRBs are about as close to "right off the production line" as I can get. The fact that they are consecutive numbered, with choice new parts, usissued wood with crisp cartouches, puts them in a class of their own. These LRBs have been test fired only by the armorer and he reported to me that he was able to hit the 2 foot diameter steel plate at 200 yards with 10 rounds each. All function flawlessly.

Many thanks to Hawk, Rooster, and especially Bill at Smith Enterprises for asssisting me with this once in a lifetime project.

·
Registered
53 Posts
LRB's completed

Snayper- Very nice job,and well done ! You have lots to be proud of in those fine arms. 8) :) Congrats ! Cap'n Bill

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys for your nice comments. This project started out with me wanting to build "just one really nice M14". Since they turned out nicer than I expected I will not fire these 3 much, if at all. These are "keepers". I have other ones to shoot.

I am extremely grateful to Lou at LRB and to Bill at Smith Enterprises for his attention to detail :wink: .

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
What a way to start the New Year!
They are beeeyuuuutifuuuuuulllllll!
=D> =P~ =D>

Tatonka

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've been trying to figure what it would cost to build a new rifle with LRB reciever and the rest GI. Who better to ask, could you give us an idea how much a completed rifle would run a poor boy doing all the work himself? :?:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
SS100: $900 for the barreled action & $500-600 for the remaining parts.

Add a few hundred more to have it assembled if you don't know how to do it yourself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.