M14 Forum banner

LRB M14BR in E2 stock.

646 11
Nice morning in the 30s with a light wind. At least it's sunny. Got out with one of my LRB M14BR builds from last year. Barrel is a chrome lined Bula USGI standard configuration from Ted Brown. Rest of the parts are USGI in an E2 stock from Fred's. Ammo is 115 Bergers in RA-68 cases over 45 gn of N-201 set off with 210Ms. Shop scope is an old Burris 4.5 - 14 mounted on a high Bassett so I can use the irons under the mount. Not my favorite set up for any kind of accurate shooting. Whatta Hobby!

Air gun Trigger Automotive exterior Bumper Shotgun
Font Triangle Pattern Design Carmine
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
313 Posts
Nice morning in the 30s with a light wind. At least it's sunny. Got out with one of my LRB M14BR builds from last year. Barrel is a chrome lined Bula USGI standard configuration from Ted Brown. Rest of the parts are USGI in an E2 stock from Fred's. Ammo is 115 Bergers in RA-68 cases over 45 gn of N-201 set off with 210Ms. Shop scope is an old Burris 4.5 - 14 mounted on a high Bassett so I can use the irons under the mount. Not my favorite set up for any kind of accurate shooting. Whatta Hobby!

View attachment 499163 View attachment 499164
Can you tell me about the difference in feel/recoil between shooting the E2/compensator vs standard stock and flash suppressor if any, in your opinion. Plan on shooting an E2 for the first time in a few days and am curious about your experiences. Thanks

· Premium Member
22,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you tell me about the difference in feel/recoil between shooting the E2/compensator vs standard stock and flash suppressor if any, in your opinion. Plan on shooting an E2 for the first time in a few days and am curious about your experiences. Thanks
Don't really notice much difference. The E2 is not one of my favorites to shoot, but it's part of the game.

· Registered
313 Posts
Don't really notice much difference. The E2 is not one of my favorites to shoot, but it's part of the game.
Ok, that’s a start. Can you pinpoint anything in particular you dislike about firing the E2 or is it just personal preference. Maybe try shooting it while sitting in a john boat in the middle of the pond! Ha! They do resemble boat paddles!

· Premium Member
22,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, that’s a start. Can you pinpoint anything in particular you dislike about firing the E2 or is it just personal preference. Maybe try shooting it while sitting in a john boat in the middle of the pond! Ha! They do resemble boat paddles!
The angle of the pistol grip is just not right for my liking, I like a bipod with more resistance to cant and better stability than that on the E2. I much prefer standard wood or fiberglass stocks. Whatta Hobby!

· Registered
10,184 Posts
The only real difference between the standard & the E2 is the "felt" recoil,
Your cheek & more importantly your shoulder is higher relative to the bore with an E2 so it's more of a straight back recoil while the standard stock recoils back and muzzle up .

Reactions: nf1e

· Registered
10,184 Posts
The gas system is below the bore which causes the std stock to rise during recoil ,
not something a select fire rifle designer would want. BUT remember the M14 is a product improved Garand .
Look at a FAL , HK , an AK47 , almost every other select fire weapon designed in the last 75 years has the gas system above the bore , this was done to get the bore as low as practical to make the recoil as straight back as possible .
Do a mag dump with an E2 then do one with a std stock , the E2 will push you back but it's easier to stay relatively close vertically to your target because the E2 has less muzzle rise than a std stock. Controlability when using full auto was the entire purpose for the E2.

· Premium Member
22,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The LRB M14BR is back in it's real stock. Shooting in this configuration pleases me way more than the E2 for sure. E2 and hardware are back in storage where they belong. Whatta Hobby!

Vehicle Motor vehicle Shear Gas Bumper
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts