M14 Forum banner

LRB Glass bedding

1824 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  tx200
I have a custom built M25 in a boyds oversized walnut stock from LRB Arms. I can't tell you guys enough how much I love this rifle. LRB did a great job of glass bedding it. I have about 340 rounds through it. How long do you think the glass bedding job will hold up untll it needs to be touched up? Does anyone know what kind of bedding compound LRB uses?

I haven't taken in out of the stock once since I received it. And, I don't plan on taking it out of the stock/bedding job until I reach about 1000 rounds.

GI1GI1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,727 Posts
You should get a few 1000 rounds through it before skim bedding it. One rifle had 3000 rounds and I swear it was the Kroil oil that killed the bedding.

· "Death From Above"
12,457 Posts
You will get a lot of use out of it. Like it was said several thousand rounds, if and when you see the accuracy dropping off and if its before 5000 rounds or so you may want to get it checked. I am going to have my next two bedded there. I should say three, I have an M21 stock that has been bedded for a SAI rear lugged rifle that I am putting a short action M25 rear lug into and two Mac stocks. Got to love this stuff!!! Enjoy that new rifle!!!!!! SHoot it until your arms fall off LOL

· Registered
2,846 Posts
I know your question was re: LRB . .

My SAI NM has approximately 3000+ rounds through it. I have had the rifle out of the stock twice for complete strip and clean. It is still tight and still shoots better than I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.