M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how long LRB has been around, but I gather they are relatively new to the scene. It is common for new product specifications to get tweaked after initial experiences. Have there been any design changes to LRB receivers, and if so, can they generally be categorized into the dot-matrix marking and post dot-matrix marking era?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well, I was talking to him about removing the "SA" from the reciever so that it would say,

LRB M14

I said it would be much more popular labeled as such. He said he would consider it if more people suggested it to him.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,820 Posts
LRB Changes

LRB has made several changes to the design specifications of their receiver since it was introduced. They are continuing to do so as production progresses. The M14 receiver is a very complicated part to manufacture. It would seem simple to make one with CNC technology, however the original receivers were designed to be produced on the machinery that was available at the time and the design is not all that easy to adapt to CNC. Some of the older methods are still employed. Casting is far simpler, but the final results can leave something to be desired compared to forging.

·
Banned
155 Posts
It would seem simple to make one with CNC technology
but as we've seen, it apparently isnt so is it...

hope all is well out your way...

ive shot my entreprise (SPIT) on and off over the last year. it performs wonderfully just not as tack-driver-ish as i always hope my rifles would...

im having trouble with the hammer not locking back (disconnector not working properly) when its in a USGI fiberglass stock. ive heard i need to remove some stock material behind the trigger but im not sure exactly where. any ideas?

thanks

david

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have probably seen the posting of 3 LRB-based rifles for sale. They look nice and I am considering buying one. I also have enough parts now (sans receivers) to build 2 very nice NM rifles. I have a Fulton receiver inbound and I am thinking about an LRB.

My goal in asking about LRB design changes is to understand if I would be satisfied with the earlier design or if I would rather build on a newer version. Thanks for all your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.