M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased LRB M14SA some four years or so ago and have been saving a premiere blank of Bastogne walnut(graded XXXX/Fancy) for just such a project and frankly had no idea the LRB did stock work other than that done for rifles they sell directly. Well, I called and spoke with Jackie and found her to be very helpful and fully understood what I was wanting to do and when asked if they could final bed and glass bed w/ my stock, answer was "sure can." This stock was turned by Wenigs and is definitely "eye candy" but needs final inletting/bedding and fitting of metal. LRB will take my current gas cylinder assy. as an exchange and replace w/ unitized one(welded) at reasonable cost. Part of the beauty of the M14 is its utilitarian appearance but thought that if any rifle justifies the use of this piece of wood it would the LRB M14SA. If I can ever figure out my digital camera and how to post photos you can bet I will do so. I am definitely "long in the tooth" and figure when I go to the great range in the sky, St. Peter will surely let me in just to try out this rifle. Can't say enough good things about the customer service by LRB. Pleases me to know there are still high quality folks in the gun business.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen. :)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Email the picture to me and I'll post it.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am boxing up the rifle/stock, etc. tomorrow and sending off to LRB end of this week.
Was told project would take some 3+ weeks to complete but as soon as it returns will get in touch with you. Thanks for the offer to help.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the cost would depend on the extent of work involved and would not want to quote numbers for LRB for I am sure it varies from job to job. Your stock may require less work than mine, etc. etc. Will say that they are competitive from my experience and turn around was very good. Give Jackie a call and she will discuss any work you might have questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts