M14 Forum banner

LRB Barreled Receivers in NY?

4069 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  jbkf1003
Hey Guys,

Do any of you (82nd, Tokiwartooth, or anyone else) know if LRB can ship barreled receivers in NY, or is the barreled receiver it's self considered a AW?

Thanks
Justin
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,338 Posts

· Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it ONLY has the muzzle end of the barrel treaded, but NO flash suppressor and NO bayonet lug, then it probably isn't (yet) a NYS 'assault weapon'.

See here for the NYS bill itself -
http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg...rm=&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Votes=Y&Memo=Y&Text=Y

and here for more general info -
http://www.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/gun-reform

The barreled receiver probably could be shipped to, and sold in NY - but LRB might choose not to do so.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA

Thanks for the reply.

This is what concerns me:

(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a
46 flash suppressor;

Maybe you could argue a socom barrel where the threads are for a gas lock that this is not the case. But a standard 22" M14 barrel I think it's hard to argue against.

The receiver is the 'rifle' and it does seem to have one evil feature, but It's not really semi automatic (yet) or can't really accept a magazine yet.

I'll probably have to call them and see what they say.

Justin

· Registered
2,807 Posts
If it ONLY has the muzzle end of the barrel treaded, but NO flash suppressor and NO bayonet lug, then it probably isn't (yet) a NYS 'assault weapon'.

See here for the NYS bill itself -
http://www.assembly.state.ny.us/leg...rm=&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Votes=Y&Memo=Y&Text=Y

and here for more general info -
http://www.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/gun-reform

The barreled receiver probably could be shipped to, and sold in NY - but LRB might choose not to do so.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA
Yes it is. No threaded barrel. It's fails the single feature test. The threads would need to be ground off, or you just purchase the receiver. Lou went back and forth with the NYSP. In the past, they didn't really qualify an M14 barrel as "threaded". Now they *think* they do. This whole approach of SAFE is so blatently unconstitutional. The whole point of it is to create confusion and indecision so they can:
1. They can say they never said something was "illegal or banned"
2. Force you to voluntarily give it up because of uncertainty.
3. Force guns shops and FFLs not sell it because of uncertainty.

Right out of the Marxist play book. Laws need to black and white. period.

· Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is. No threaded barrel. It's fails the single feature test. The threads would need to be ground off, or you just purchase the receiver. Lou went back and forth with the NYSP. In the past, they didn't really qualify an M14 barrel as "threaded". Now they *think* they do. This whole approach of SAFE is so blatently unconstitutional. The whole point of it is to create confusion and indecision so they can:
1. They can say they never said something was "illegal or banned"
2. Force you to voluntarily give it up because of uncertainty.
3. Force guns shops and FFLs not sell it because of uncertainty.

Right out of the Marxist play book. Laws need to black and white. period.
Thanks. LRB (atleast a month or so ago) when I talked with them, they were not selling the sporter model as a barreled receiver. I guess it's time to learn to install barrels.

There is so much in the SAFE act that is open to interpretation. Atleast (from what I understand, never had to do it) the BATFE would give you a ruling on something, and a letter.

This is just nonsense.

· "Death From Above"
12,458 Posts
A couple of things LRB is offering. One they just came out with a new nomenclature T44. There are only a handful made at this time. This is not really an issue in NY. They are also offering barrels with nothing on the end no threads so your going to have to use glfs which they will eventually produce as well. Or you can register I think. Everything I own will be leaving the state. Not happening

· Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A couple of things LRB is offering. One they just came out with a new nomenclature T44. There are only a handful made at this time. This is not really an issue in NY. They are also offering barrels with nothing on the end no threads so your going to have to use glfs which they will eventually produce as well. Or you can register I think. Everything I own will be leaving the state. Not happening
Thanks. You can't register anything 'new' only rifles you had before the law passed. But as you say, not happening.

Thanks
Justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.