M14 Forum banner

LRB Arms Stripped Receiver Sales

6K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  csm13thbn 
#1 ·
LRB ARMS Receiver availability– Due to limited inventory, we stopped selling stripped receivers because we needed them for our in house builds. We WILL at minimal, sell a receiver if we install YOUR bolt and barrel.

Stripped receivers will once again be available for purchase anticipating beginning of 2019.

Our machine shop, JV Precision Machine Co, has been in the process of transferring our M14SA and M25 receiver production onto a new machine which is faster and much more efficient than the old ones. This involves a lot of program changes, parts inspections and machine calibrating. It’s still a work in progress. During this same time period, JVP has become ISO Certified. It’s been a challenging year for all involved, but the end results will be well worth it.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our friends and customers for your support over the years, and thank all who have been patiently waiting for back order M25 and M25 rear lug rifles and actions. LOU

#4 ·
Lou, I am sure the effort invested will pay off. I still have 3 T44E4 receivers I got a couple of years back that I have not made time to build on, one I did build, and one I had your shop barrel for me. I love your receivers, and glad to hear you will be back servicing the market for those who want to roll their own next year. For me, I just wanted to do a few so as to get halfway competent at the process, with help from a friend or two who know what they are doing. I've met you a few times at SHOT, and look forward to the next opportunity.

#7 ·
I stoppped by the shop last week, there is a batch of receivers going through heat treating and parkerizing. At every phase of production there is an inspection done on every receiver, that's how LRB (Lou) rolls. I don't know anything about a t44 receiver batch. I have a couple of pictures I meant to post last week just got busy. Some lucky patrons will receive receivers with some very unique serial numbers. These receiver are from the initial batch after the JVP retooling and Lou said they are "some of the best he has seen"! I have always been very impressed with Lou's knowledge, I think he has the M14 receiver blueprints burned into memory and can recite numbers in a NY second. I don't think there is a company out there that has the same attention to detail and so many inspections done to their firearm products. These puppies must go through 30 plus inspections before they are cut loose. That is only one of the reasons it's the only place I shop. Not to mention the deli around the corner makes a nice samich! Hero's on me next time! I can't thank you enough for your help in the past couple of weeks!!!!!

#12 ·
The cosmetic inspection isn't what I'm talking about. I don't think they get any blend from machining. I know jvp just set up a new machine and they had to go through the process of dial it in. Knowing Lou nothing but 100% perfect will roll out of his shop. These receivers simply put, work out of the box. Personally I won't own anything else unless of course it was a real M14.

#15 ·
Wow I have patients but waiting 3 years for a product that is in demand seems a bit long. The secondary market is tight also, but my chances are better I suppose.

Made in USA is my motto, and LRB is a great product. Lets make LRB Great Again.