M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a Konus Pro 6.5-25x44 riding on a Sadlak mount on my SA M1A standard. Using UTG lo-pro QD rings, it works - but bottom of objective is still 3/8" from the handguard. Any recommendations for a good pair of QD rings that would get me down to within a 1/4" of my handguard?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yep, I have a custom kydex cheek rest on my GI fiberglass stock, so my weld, eye elevation and eye relief all feel pretty good. And honestly, I can shoot reasonably well with the scope where it is, but like you said, ideally I would like to get the scope lower so that there's an 1/8" clearance from bottom of objective to the top of hg. I'm sure the set up would be even more comfortable and better body mechanics if it were lower. The trouble is just that it seems if I want QD on a standard sadlak, then I have to accept this height. Think that's true, or are there lower profile QD rings out there that I'm missing (besides UTG low)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.