Housing - 7267030-HR-N
Hammer- 554600IHC
OP Rod-7267064 TRW
Bolt-7790186 HRT A08 MY
Barrel-NM LH GUN CO SA Tex 78226
Your parts are USGI.
Housing - H&R
Hammer is from an International Harvester Corp. M1 Garand
Op-Rod - TRW Last of the 4, M14 contractors and considered by many the best builder.
Bolt - Again H&R
Barrel is pre-Devine
and like was said before, a nice and highly desirable rifle to have. Congratulations!!! -Lloyd 🍻

· Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
What is the proof that all parts are genuine GI..? Is that what the seller told you or do you have documentation?
JohnAlb said:
Housing - 7267030-HR-N
Hammer- 554600IHC
OP Rod-7267064 TRW
Bolt-7790186 HRT A08 MY
Barrel-NM LH GUN CO SA Tex 78226
Your parts are USGI.
Housing - H&R
Op-Rod - TRW Last of the 4, M14 contractors and considered by many the best builder.
Bolt - Again H&R
Barrel is pre-Devine
and like was said before, a nice and highly desirable rifle to have. Congratulations!!! -Lloyd 🍻

· Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Your parts are USGI.
Housing - H&R
Bolt - Again H&R
Barrel is pre-Devine
Thank you sir

· Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I have a question. As you guys can tell I am new to the M1a. I fell in love with this rifle. I would like to take a deer with it this hunting season. For what I have read so far , it is designed for 7.62 x51 and it can also shoot 308? I cannot find any hunting ammo online for 7.62 x51. Any suggestions? I would really like to bag a deer with this.

· Registered
291 Posts
Any idea where to find any 7.62 x 51 hunting rounds ? Or they don’t make them ?
i have never seen/ heard of a hunting round in 7.62 nato as it was pointed out to me that it is a military round and the military doesnt hunt with there rifles. i ended up making my own only to find out that i could shoot both types thru my rifle.

· Registered
108 Posts
I have a low serial number 000080 M1A. Does anyone know how to find any history on this rifle and if it’s rare ?
Thank you.
Congratulations on your 2 digit M1A and welcome to the M14 Forum and the Devine club. Elmer Ballance built some really fine rifles. Elmer believes most of his rifles were used in competition and most have been re barreled over the years. That makes the early Texas low serial number M1A rifles with the original correct LH Gun Co or Rt1 BX 210 Devine TX hand stamped barrel addresses very scarce and really hard to find. Any really low 1 or 2 digit Texas M1A is a great find and addition to a collection.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts