Thanks Hawk ....

You Da Man! :wink:

Sho nuff like mine I do ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Movie Full Metal Jacket ... Thats "Animal Mutha" at the helm and the combat section of that flick is based on Hue City and one of them stars on the purple heart ribbon in my signature can attest to that as well as the actual Western Union Telegram my mother received that still hangs on my wall to this day when I got hit in that engagement ... :wink:

Six

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Roger that! I guess it was more fitting than I thought it would be....no wonder you liked it so much :D Where was the other star from ifn you don't mind my pryin :?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya mean the other "two" ....

Ribbon itself stands for one and each cluster (or whatever that little thingy is called) represents another. Have a total of three ...

1st ... Booby trap grenade Arizona Territory
2nd ... Took a round in the lower leg from a carbine
3rd ... Multiple shrapnel wounds from an 82mm NVA mortar round in Hue City (Left one of my "gonads" on the banks of the Phu Cat Canal just around the corner from the infamous Citadel in Hue)

Naturally ... As the ole' saying goes ... "Third ones a charm" and it was ...

Put me in the hospital from Feb - Sept 1968

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Sorry Six, I shoud have known that there were three from the 2 stars. I would like to thank you for all you did and all you sacrificed over there. That was some wild "vacation" though. Semper-Fi and Welcome Home! Hawk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts