Finally a good day with my scout. I have been beating my head against the wall with my SAI scout. I was having accuracy issues. So I shimmed it. a little better. I put a long eye relief scope on it. Ok at first and then it wouldn't hold zero. Got rid of the flimsy plastic stock and got an Archangel. Stock is nice and stiff and the rifle locks up very tight. Not a JAE but no wait and only $180 with the money I saved I bought a springfield loaded 1911 and had them both with no wait. Then the scope wouldn't hold zero or the gun was spraying. I put it in the safe for 3 mos, in the back and ignored it for a while. Took it out today, pulled off the scope, turned elevation up 12 clicks. 3 shots within 2", All to the right 3" clicked the windage back left. BAM! 5 shot group under 2" open sights off my bipod. pulled out my notepad and raised elevation accordingly to shoot at the 450 gong. and 10 out of 10. Sometimes I think the M1A needs some time alone.