M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at the photos. What you see is an exact 1:1 replica of the M-14 that I ordered from a guy in Florida off of ebay (years ago). The entire rifle (except the stock and sling which are original) is made of resin and painted/weathered. It has a detachable magazine which is solid but it will take a real magazine. I have never seen one since. I wish I had bought 2 so that I could use them for long color guards with my cadets since the original M1's get pretty heavy after an hour. He covered up the make but the serial number is still there. The bolt has all the original SA markings. Just amazing!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
That is too cool , I've never seen such an accurate replica , if you hadn't mentioned it was a replica from your photos I would have assumed it operational . By your OP I take it the maker did more than this one. Now for the battery of questions. Do you have the makers name ? What time line were they produced? and were they expensive way back whenever? Thanks for showing her.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the rifle apart by unscrewing a screw just forward of the safety. On a small plaque under where the bolt would be It appears to read:
M-14 drill rifle
J.L. Soff Tallahassee, FL

The trigger group has a serial number and SA on it also. Just amazing

I think I paid $150-175. I stipulated that I wanted a removable magazine for drill use. He made them both ways.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,421 Posts
That is way cool. I wish we had those when I was in ROTC for drill and color guard, but we did have 1903 Springfields which was pretty cool.
m14brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts