M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around earlier through some threads and noticed that several of you own very well made and versatile soft cases for your M1A's. I plan on putting my newly purchased SAI Standard model in it, maybe using it to transport the rifle to matches.

However, I would like for it to have several pockets, zippers and options. I think I even saw one that is used as a soft case, but opens up into a shooting mat!? So I'm reaching out to see if any of you have suggestions for something as versatile as I have described. Please post pictures if you got em so I can decide what I like the best! Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I use Eagle Industries cases, and gear. They make several models of cases. They USED to be ALL USA MADE, but blackhawk recently bought them out and some of there items may be imports nowadays But I'm not 100% on this.

The pre-blackhawk stuff is GREAT Gear. I have no excperiance with the post blackhawk stuff, but if it is USA Made, I would say it is probably still First rate stuff.

Springfield had Eagle make there cases for awhile, but it has been several years ago.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I've got the Voodoo Tacical 46" case. Holds two rifles and two pistols but I use the pockets for other things and normally just carry one rifle in it.

The padding isn't the 'greatest" but it is good just as long as you're not going to be chucking the thing off the roof of a building any time soon.

It's got backpack straps and a Shoulder strap, MOLLE webbing, 3 sinch pouches on the front, a pair of velcro pockets for handguns (or other stuff) and a pair of zipper pockets on the inside. The main portion of the case holds two rifles, but I usually only just keep my m1A in there, and use the other side for a Tri-pod and spotting scope. Gets heavy QUICK.

Here's a few pictures of it.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
I use an Eagle for my 5.56, it's old enough to be made in USA and still holding up quite well. And a Blackhawk drag for my m1a. It's a seriously tough and simple style that doubles as a mat for shooting prone.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I have the Eagle HSRC LE 44 for my 18.5" setup. The standard HSRC would work for a 22" setup, they are spendy though. Triad Tactical has some in stock, $300 each I think, but they do have the US made units (some are from the Dominican Republic).

I like the HSRC LE version since it has MOLLE webbing on the front so you can attach pouches of your choice, these seem to be pretty hard to find now though.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the links! So many decisions!! I do like the Voodoo cases....how is the material? Quality made?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Thanks for the links! So many decisions!! I do like the Voodoo cases....how is the material? Quality made?
It seems to be pretty rugged and well built. Heavy duty zippers and velcro. the padding for the matt seems to be ok and it has a place for a range book.

The drag bag and backpack straps seem to be well made. I still have to take
it out to the range to try it. I'm waiting for some parts for my M1A before I go.

On that day, I shall be sending a lot of lead down range! :ARM36:

·
Registered
581 Posts
I got an ACE case, made in USA for my M1A. It holds the rife and 5 mags, and has a separate zippered flat pocket on the side. I like the little made in USA flag label that is sewn into the edge of the handle. You need to buy one that is long enough for your particular rifle. The price was really reasonable. It has a shoulder strap so I can have the rifle over the shoulder and carry the mat, stool, and other stuff to matches old school way without a cart.

John

·
Registered
385 Posts
There are alot of nice cases out there but only one has got me sold for all my rifles. US peacekeeper 2 different drag bags, one with a shooting mat and the other the typical zip up style. i chose the latter because of the retention strap. what irks me about other companies is that they will extend the velcro straps from end to end to secure the rifle, but its sloppy and it moves around. US peacekeeper has a molle like webbing that goes down the middle of the bag and the give you straps to place where you need it and it keeps your rifle centered in the bag. check them out!
http://uspeacekeeper.com/Products/Cases-Rugs/Drag_Case/drag_case.html

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here is a quick pic of the inside. Although, it's not strapped in you can see what I was referring to with the straps. And it houses a one price cleaning rod in the spline of the bag.

And this pic shows the outside of the bag. Pay no attention the the garand. Lol

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I bought a drag bag from Midway a couple of months ago. I haven't really put it through the paces yet but I have had it out several times varmint hunting and I really like the quality and function of it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584/midwayusa-sniper-drag-bag-scoped-rifle-case

My dad has one of these for his AR and I really like everything about it with the exception of a small pet peeve with the zippers. If you unzip it all the way like you should be able to it is a complete bitch to get the zippers started again without a fight. Otherwise the quality and functionality are great on it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/93...ries-tactical-rifle-case?cm_vc=ProductFinding

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.