M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all, this is not a, "What's it worth?" thread

Having said that I am thinking of selling a gun but am having trouble finding any information on it. Specifically it is a 637-2 Airweight with a 2.125" barrel and chambered in .38. All of the examples I have come across have the 1.8" barrel. There isn't a single one on Gunbroker or GunsAmerica and it isn't on the S&W site either. I'm pretty sure I don't have a one of a kind revolver, but am at a loss. I assume it would be worth about what a standard model is, but just wanted to see if anyone could point me in the direction of any other resources I may not be aware of.

Any help is very much appreciated.

And because everything is better with pics:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
that looks like a 3" barrel to me, you did measure from the face of the cylinder, not the front of the frame?

3" guns are usually preferred for the extra site radius and full size extractor

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's actually just shy of 2.5" when measured from the cylinder face. I must have been misremembering the 2.125" length.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
The 3rd Edition of the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson says the 637 was made in 1989 and 1996 to date. 637-2 (2002) introduced the internal key lock system and changed four lines to "SPFLD,MA S&W U.S.A.". They do not mention a 3" barrel, saying it was cataloged with a 2", actual length 1.86"

Reactions: AD43576
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.