M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already aquired the Springfield preban lugged reciever and bolt assembly, National match sights Front and Rear, GI Match flash surpressor, and a Match trigger assembly. Still interested in a McMillan Match stock and haven't settled on the manufacture for thr barrel. I have Springfield Super Match that will turn 20 years old this year. It is my favorite rifle by the way. It still shoots .60 moa with 168 sierra match king hand loads off a bench. Well it is time for another Match M1A. My regular smith who offered to build it is backed up big time like a year to 18 months with LE and Military orders. Over the years I have talked to 3 M1A owners of his guns and all they did is rave. Damn Sniper rifles. BTW he just delivered 30 last month for our boys in uniform. So I am looking for recommendations on who is really good.
I'm looking quality and accuracy of the work. I am not looking for a battle rifle. I want a Camp Perry Match Gun. Thanks

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Locally a friend of mine, Jerome Jenkins has build numerous NM M1As for both match shooters and local Military. He's slow, but very good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently had my M21 rebuilt into an M25 by Geoff Corn in Indiana. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but Geoff got .75moa with the existing Douglas barrel and Fed GMM. A new barrel would have dropped that in half. A few of my acquaintences have had their M14s done over by Geoff and are getting .25 to .40moa shooters from him! :D

He also builds bolt guns and (little) mouse guns.

Geoff Corn
Match Armorer's Shop
RR #3 Box 66-A
Oakland City, IN 47660
812-749-6416 (afternoons & evenings)
[email protected]

Moe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts