M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I started another upper build for my SBR and have my sights set on some new sights. (See what I did there馃槈) It鈥檚 hard to keep up with all the new stuff out there and was wondering if you guys had some good suggestions. I鈥檒l need front and rear. Can鈥檛 use the A2 front site post cause my handguard passes the barrel threads.

Registered
LRB M14 SA, Criterion Med Wt CL Barrel, all GI parts with basic upgrades.
If price is an issue, Midwest Industries combat sight set. Think it鈥檚 about $150-175. If prices is not an issue, KAC micro.

Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I like the type that use a spring to flip them up like the A.R.M.S. and the MAGPUL. Are there others that do that?

Registered
The knights are detent and the M.I.s are spring. I have fixed front sight post right now but I have used Troy fixed fronts in the past and they are OK. Any Troy folding dive had I wouldn鈥檛 trust in combat. I am a HUGE A.R.M.S. Fan BUT remember their folding AR sights are now plastic. That鈥檚 why I said, it鈥檚 only knights for me. If I was on a budget, I would put my faith in the Midwest industries. Sorry but I鈥檝e broken enough M4 accessories in combat to get kinda jaded on a lotta crap and settle on select few

Registered
I'll second Phil14. Except as a club or belly gun, a rifle is worth no more than it's sights.
I like Lewis Machine & Tool BUIS. It would take a directed blow with a hammer to hurt them. The rear is as quick (if not quicker) to deploy as Gucci range grade gadgets.

Registered
On fixed front setups I still got a bunch of the old matechs. Still hard to beat.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.馃憤馃徎 I knew I鈥檇 get good info here. I went with the Midwest Industries. I know they have good quality products. I鈥檓 using their M-lok handguard, designed to shroud a suppressor, on this build as well. If all my parts ever make it home from suppliers, I鈥檒l post photos of the build.

Registered
The knights are detent and the M.I.s are spring. I have fixed front sight post right now but I have used Troy fixed fronts in the past and they are OK. Any Troy folding dive had I wouldn鈥檛 trust in combat. I am a HUGE A.R.M.S. Fan BUT remember their folding AR sights are now plastic. That鈥檚 why I said, it鈥檚 only knights for me. If I was on a budget, I would put my faith in the Midwest industries. Sorry but I鈥檝e broken enough M4 accessories in combat to get kinda jaded on a lotta crap and settle on select few
Thank you for sharing your experience! I would have wasted money on another Troy set.

Registered
I have used the Troy flip up battle sights. With a FSB they came with Magpul BUIS but I liked the Troy rear flip up battle sights so I replaced the Magpul one.

Registered
The Troys rock... it's what I have on my little LRB, and what will go on anything else I'll likely build. Made of steel... very robust.

If you don't mind a fixed sight [non folding] I have always liked these...

I actually really like the DD 1.5 as well... if you don't mind fixed. In use, it works just like a fixed carry handle...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts