M14 Forum banner

Looking for black composite m1a handguard.

1552 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  unkola
Hi. First post as a new member. I recently bought a m1a scout squad with a composite stock. I'll be shooting with iron sights onbly and want to replace my current handguard with the rectangular opening for the rail. I believe the part I'm looking for is # 1429180 and believe it was what the old Bush model came with (and likely other models as well). I've been unsuccessful so far in my search and would appreciate any help in locating one. Thanks in advance for any responses.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for thr response. I thought Springfield sells specific parts through Midwest and the're out of stock presently, unless I'm missing something. I'll make phone calls tomorrow.

· Registered
108 Posts
They sell many small and less substantial parts directly, including stocks and hand guards. Things like receivers, op rods, etc, they do not.
I believe you are looking for the regular fiberglass hand guard with the black textured finish that Springfield Armory matched to the rifle stocks in the mid to late 90’s. They also made 250 folding stock M1A1’s in 1993-94 with the shorter Bush rifle with that hand guard. You may also want to check the parts in the classifieds section.

· Registered
3,737 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SoCal. Good people and info here. If you look at the top of this page, on the right is a ballon marked New, then 5 dots and bars lined up vertically. Click on the 5 dots and lines. It will take you to the site map. Scroll down it and you'll see all the forums and sub-forums. The Px and Bx are in the Classifieds forum along with Want-to -Buy etc., about halfway down the page. -Lloyd 🍸

Reactions: anthonypd

· Registered
57 Posts
The PX and BX sections are hidden to users until they reach an appropriate post count, and honestly at that.

· Registered
3,737 Posts
Ooop's, forgot about that!! Okay, you'll still have the site map minus the classifieds. When you get your 50 you'll know where to find it!! -Lloyd 🍸

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.