M14 Forum banner

Looking for ammo cans...

3K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  grateful patriot 
#1 ·
I am looking for a couple 50 cal ammo cans. Does anyone know who has them for around 12-20$ a piece?

#4 ·
Sportman's Guide had some.

Reactions: TheShooter
#12 ·
Like most military surplus, ammo cans are being crushed, rather than put on the commercial market. This, in combination with an increase in demand, has led to a vast shortage of ammo cans. Companies are starting to manufacture them in China, and are selling them for the same prices as GI cans.

Our local surplus store has risen the prices of .30 cal ammo cans from $6.99 to $19.99 over the past 5 years. .50 cals went from $9.99 to $24.99. They can hardly find the bigger cans anymore.

#16 ·
Gun Shows TheShooter....

DI5

#18 ·
I was wondering about this the other day myself... I need to start scrounging. I hate spending as much on shipping as I do on a product. I was REALLY eyeballing some 40mm cans at work the other day...might have to talk to some folks.

Of course I cleaned up the garage a bit last weekend and found a .50cal can. GI1 SCORE... my very small amount of powder now has a home.

#19 ·
A shop with in a one hour drive of the house....... which I happen to drive by for work once a week has had them regularly for $14.99. Last week they also had 3 pounds of titegroup which fit nicely in the can I purchased at the same time. GI1

Reactions: TheShooter
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.