M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired a pre-ban M1A-A1 and want to retain the Bush configuration but want to Re-Barrel add a SEI gas Lock FS,Vortex, Trigger Job, and have it Melonite finished. Aside from the obvious choice ( and I gather there are some issues there ) who would be a good choice. Geography wise ( if it matters ) I am relocating to NY from MD. Checked with LRB and they turned me down ( I think they are too busy ) ?
Thanks in advance

·
"Death From Above"
11,642 Posts
Where are you moving to in NY. I have all the tools and have built 6 actions all match rifles. I would be willing to show you how to build your own if your in the neighborhood. If you need a referance check with no expert I put his action together. No charge of course. Its not rocket science and all your parts are already fitted to the action. its just a matter of installing a new barrel and finish reaming the chamber.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
82nd barreled my action and man I have never seen such shoddy work done... Perfectly indexed barrel so I can't hold it gangsta style with the front sight off to one or the other side, bolt lugs lapped solid so it doesn't have the gangsta lean... I mean seriously Warren, how am I supposed to fit into So Cal. shooting ranges with a straight edge rifle?

I mean look at the guys I shoot with:

Now I'll never be able to get the style and poise credit those guys do.

As for melonite, I talked to a couple people about this and there are only a few parts you should do. Op rod, op rod guide, gas cylinder, gc lock, gc plug, suppressor/brake... and that's about it. Sure, you can do more but it gets to a point where it doesn't make sense to do it and you're just spending money you won't see a return on. You can have the barrel done but it needs to be installed, headspaced, removed, melonited, installed, double check headspace and if anything is off you just threw away a barrel. I was going to have mine done but since my barrel came from one of Warren's group buys, and there may or may not be more made, I didn't want to take the chance. Plus that barrel has already been across the country 3 times, no need putting it up to 7 times. I may change my mind on the second barrel I have but not sure yet.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Hey Josh, yeah those guys in the picture definitely have it going on for shooting style and accuracy. That must be the little moron's teddy bear ammo backpack.

When I see photos like that, it proves to me just how unintelligent some in the human race can be.

You have to be a very special stupid to shoot a rifle from over your head. Like brainless.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Hey Josh, yeah those guys in the picture definitely have it going on for shooting style and accuracy. That must be the little moron's teddy bear ammo backpack.

When I see photos like that, it proves to me just how unintelligent some in the human race can be.

You have to be a very special stupid to shoot a rifle from over your head. Like brainless.

Think of the idiot who got in front of teddy bear boy whom has his finger on the trigger...

On a serious side, take up Warren on his offer, you won't be sorry.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
82nd barreled my action and man I have never seen such shoddy work done... Perfectly indexed barrel so I can't hold it gangsta style with the front sight off to one or the other side, bolt lugs lapped solid so it doesn't have the gangsta lean... I mean seriously Warren, how am I supposed to fit into So Cal. shooting ranges with a straight edge rifle?

I mean look at the guys I shoot with:

Now I'll never be able to get the style and poise credit those guys do.
It's hard to believe those guys aren't acting in a movie. Stupid, stupid, stupid, if I have to go up against someone I hope they are from the same group as these two!

Almost forgot, I'd recommend Ronnie Morris as a good smith. He's in Nashville.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts