M14 Forum banner

Look what this M40 sold for today. One of the Rem reruns.

3696 Views 47 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  RealReglarGuy
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
9,875 Posts
I am sure it happens but often is stretching it! Now that taxes are collected, getting stuck with fees people don’t run it up to the point of getting stuck with it.

Knowing the value of an item or more importantly its value to you and thus bidding appropriately will go along way in preventing a third party ruse.

Of course when emotions and pride take over the bidding, the bidder is at an disadvantage.

There are scams in just about every aspect of our lives, one need look no further than our own PX.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN🇺🇸

· Registered
929 Posts
$12,600,000 for a Mickey Mantle baseball card that could have been almost perfectly replicated for less than $700. I think that is just stupid but that is just my opinion. My life savings is currently less than three percent of $12 million. Maybe I would think differently if I had a seventy-five million in net worth but I doubt it.

· Registered
12,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I think this happens more often than not.
I dont know. Sure bidding wars happen. Some assclown waits till the last minute to up the bid, even though bid sniping isnt allowed on GB, that can piss a guy off, it has me for sure and I have been known to get right back at it, in effect saying OK a hole, you want it, gonna make you pay for it.
As far as fake bidders, good luck proving that. Taking a big chance you might get stuck with something and have to pay for it.

· Registered
93 Posts
Some people thought I was nuts when I bought one of the reissue M24s that were for sale a couple years back. I wanted one, and I'm glad I got one that I can shoot and enjoy without having to worry too much about it's collector value. It's not like there are going to be any more made now, unless you have one built aftermarket. So at least I can say I have real-deal Remington M24. All others are just clones.

View attachment 489047
Are you talking about the US Army turn-in’s that were stripped and reassembled on new receivers before being sold to the public through EuroOptics et al?
Or is that one of the late production M24’s that Remington was selling post US Army contract?

· Registered
751 Posts
Are you talking about the US Army turn-in’s that were stripped and reassembled on new receivers before being sold to the public through EuroOptics et al?
Or is that one of the late production M24’s that Remington was selling post US Army contract?
It was one of the late production models available through Eurooptic. They have an "ASA" prefix on the serial numbers, since they were tied in with the Army Sniper Association.

· Registered
4 Posts
The seller is a store in Ashland VA called Green Top. We have an office there that I used to visit every other month very close to the store. They always had a ton of great stuff. Once they had a collection of about 20 Japanese pistols and on another visit they had 3 consecutive serial number H&R Garands that were pristine. Great store.
Been there many times while Working in D.C. and living in Upper Marlboro, Maryland! It always cost me $$$ when I stopped there. Great store for sure.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts