M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off happy Thanksgiving, and to my brothers and sisters in country try to have a good one. This bud is for you!

Now for the question. For long term storage ie not shooting the weapon for three months or more how important or needed is it to release the tension on the trigger group by unlatching it from the receiver and stock in wood stock m14/m1a? Thanks for looking.
MC1

·
Registered
600 Posts
good question its hard to say, but i leave mine in the fired position, just in case, however i would assume that one could keep them in the locked position for time, as it ist the only way the safety can be engaged.

ide like to hear others thoughts, since i too have wondered this.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Let me Pose this question.
How long had the recently returned Greek M1 Garands been in Storage? Do you think they released/unlatched the trigger group to release pressure ? Not Likely
All mine work great still have great / tight lock up
However I unlatch mine just because

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
A wood stock will compress and a fiberglass stock is the one to have because it will not. I love the look of fine walnut and fancy tiger burch but fiberglass is better as it can be stored lock and really for action and no need to worry about shrinkage or swelling of wood to affect point of aim on your rifle. I don't unlock my wood stocks for storeage but it should be done for long term storeage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts