M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner and happy holidays to all members
I am a new owner of a M-14 SAI loaded model, which was a long time desire to have by the way.
Thanks to the M-14 forum that put me on clear waters to help me to pick one.
Very well done on wood finish and craftsmanship as far I can see. Since, I have no experience on shooting the venerable M-14 platform, questions arise about how to oil, break in or care. My box came up with no owners manual, just a copy of a slamfire issues papers, Springfield mags coupon offers and only 1 ten round mag. Sort of disappointing, not much for $1500 and coins rifle. Anyhow, a happy camper, pics are in the way soon, just need to rest after holidays.
We plan to go punching paper this week with my son. Therefore, any advice will be appreciate.

Thanks again,
Henry,
FL

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
Welcome! You came to the right place for technical advice at any level from recognized experts. I have also been able to purchase needed parts from the site and have yet to be disappointed. The experience of shooting the best service rifle ever issued by the Marine Corps and other services will definitely be enhanced by the insight provided here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick and sincere
Quick and sincere apologize to the Springfield people my manual was here.
Thanks RET excellent material for a beginner on M-14. On weds will have our happy hour with Martin (son), and outdoor pics are to be posted soon.

CZhen, FL

·
Registered
576 Posts
Congratulations with your new Rifle & the only advice I can give at this point is buy lots of ammoDI5

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Congrats on your new rifle. I dig mine to no end!

btw, czhen, along with the Springfield manual you should have also gotten a copy of TM 9-1005-223-12. You may want to check.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.