M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the LGS this morning hoping to find a few goodies. I haven't been to a gun show since well before the panic. I couldn't believe the ridiculous prices on ammo. Plenty of 22LR but at a price that I refuse to pay. 70 bucks for a 525 round box! Sheesh!

Hoping to find any M14 stuff, I made all the isles. One of the last ones had a guy with several tackle boxes labeled with various parts. Spotted a box that said M14. The dealer opened it up. It had a handful full of small parts. I asked how much he wanted for the nice but used WRA hammer......100$. I bout fell over. He continued to tell me he had recently sold a NOS trigger group for 900 bucks. I just shook my head. He either was FOS or took me for an idiot. Needless to say, I left the show with nothing. I have a feeling I won't waste my time going again.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
You have to be willing to kiss a lot of toads to find a princess. GI1 It always blows folks away when I wander around for hours looking at stuff without spending a dime and then when I spot something I want pulling out the cash and walking away with it. I have even heard a few comments from vendors about me. "That guy never buys, he's just here to look." I do look at $1200 M1 carbines. And shake my head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts