M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am back after a Looooong hiatus. The old-timers will recognize me. It has been more than a few years.

Life, career changes, the NY Safe Act, the corruption and boot heel of tyranny of the Libs in NY State Govt etc, all conspired against me to stay active in the shooting community. Now I am retired and own a farm in Southern Missouri (where the US Constitution is considered my carry permit).

We bought a small farm in Missouri last winter and finally got moved here in August . . love it here. In NY I was active in 3 Gun, 2 Gun, Highpower and the handgun sports. Pretty much walked away from it ~all~ when the NY Safe Act went into affect in 2013 . . put all my guns in the safe, closed it, and pretty much never took them out until we were officially Missouri Ozarks residents.

We have a great range nearby where I can shoot out to 800 yards, with an active 2 Gun group as well as Precision Steel Target group.

Dusting off my SAI Bush Rifle and my ser # "TFL05" group buy LRB receiver build with Kreiger GI profile barrel and all GI parts. They have not been fired in years and now I have a 200 yard range on my farm in southern Missouri. Processing brass as I write this.

Look forward to being a contributing member of this community again.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good to see you back.
Hope you went through decontamination.
Wouldn’t want any of those NY political viruses down here……;)
Time to enjoy a little Liberty.
Congratulations on the successful escape.
Thanks man . . it was incredibly stressful to sell the farm (last year) then travel to Missouri last winter to look at prospective properties . . . buy a farm here in Southern MO . .

I was splitting time between the communist regime of New Yorkistan and MO. 2 - 3 weeks in NY . . . 2 - 3 weeks in MO . . two 9 hour days of travel each way with a trailer. Did that from March til late August. Put the house on the mkt in NY in August and it sold in 3 hrs for more than the asking price.

Getting out of New Yorkistan with the Firearms, Ammo and reloading supplies/equipment in July was a major milestone.

God has blessed our efforts. Just starting to wind down. Looking forward to Thanksgiving in our new home.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome and welcome back, the SAFE Act was 1 of the reasons we moved south 6yrs ago.
Had to wait until the spousal unit retired . . . Now we are Ozark Wolverines!!

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,619 Posts
Welcome back neighbor, you have really been gone since Dec. 2015 but for a couple of posts.

XXIV Corps

·
Retired
4,792 Posts
Welcome back!!! I have missed you.
I am sure you are going to love living where you are now.

Reactions: LoB

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,080 Posts
Hey Welcome back, and congrats on moving back to America. I'm waiting for the wife to retire then we are on the similar path God willing in a couple years.
m14brian

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome back!!! I have missed you.
I am sure you are going to love living where you are now.
I missed you also Old Sarge!! We already love it here just because of the milder weather.

When we closed on the farm in early April I immediately put up two American flags and my TRUMP 2024 signs in the front yard. My nearest neighbor about 3/4 of a mile up the road stopped in that very day to introduce himself an his wife and said " I drove buy and saw the signs and flags and said to my wife "That boy is gonna fit right in round here""

A few weeks after we made the move in August my other neighbor on the other side stopped by and said "Haven't heard any shooting over here yet, is everything OK?" LOL

Reactions: Cowtownscout

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome back, "Locutus Of Borg"!

Resistance is Futile...

Welcome back to the fold.

Tony.
Hey Tony good to see you!! You remember my original user name HAHA!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Welcome back, and congrats on moving back to America. I'm waiting for the wife to retire then we are on the similar path God willing in a couple years.
m14brian
Thanks Brian. Because of the s**t show with NY SAFE Act, the incredibly arrogant/corrupt overreaching governor and his handling of the plandemic . . we actually moved the time table up by almost 3 years. My wife retired early from her job in healthcare because she (and myself) could see the mandates on the horizon.

Reactions: m14brian

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts