M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shooting my M1917 in the Vintage match at Perry next month, and going through my reloading log book, I've never developed a load for it. I know it shoots LC match pretty well, but I don't have any more laying around. It's an Eddystone with an excellent 5 grove barrel. I've got a lot of the common rifle powders and 150's, 168's, 175's, 190's and 200's. I'm not recoil sensitive and would prefer a load for the heavier bullets. I figure I pry have a better shot getting an accurate load with less trial and error. Anyone have an accurate load they care to share?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
128 Posts

Before I rebarreled with a criterion my 1917 load was 180g flat based bullet with 41.5 IMr4064. It shot well and was easy on the shoulder. The criterion barrel is much easier to load for. 46.5 varget with 168 should stay in the 10 ring.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any flat base bullets, I've been meaning to pick some up to load for the rifles I shoot in the games matches since they're only going to the 200 , but haven't gotten around to it. I just had 1k 175 blems show up today, I'll load up some of those with 4064. Anybody have a good load for 190 SMK's?

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts