M14 Forum banner

Llama .32 ACP

545 13
Always liked the little guns, had quite a few over the years, mostly in .380ACP. Have been on the lookout for a .32 for some time and this one popped up a few weeks ago on GB with a Make Offer option, so I did and it was accepted.

Got it out of WA state jail today. Attempted to take it down earlier and everything was all varnished up with dried oils, had to use a small flat blade screwdriver to lever things apart, especially the barrel bushing, but once apart and solvent used to scrub all the old oils off, it will be much easier now. Bore looks new, it might be but no way of really knowing.

Has the brown bowling ball type grips which I like. This is an Especial model from the 60's I think, a Stoeger import. Mag holds 8 rounds.

Hope to shoot it soon.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Nice score!
I like mine, my Father in Law brought it back from WWII, said he "got it from a German who didn't need it anymore."
He was with the 17th Airborne and got the parachute riggers to make this shoulder holster for him.
Mine is from the 1930s. I was told by some experts on these, it was quite common for German officers to buy these pistols from Spain and use as a sidearm.
Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Gun barrel

Wood Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have a Llama Micromax .380 that's very similar. The hammer kind of beat on the area where the disconnect notch is on the slide, but doesn't hurt the operation. That and the spring follower kind of beat on the frame where the barrel is held so it's a little tight reassembling after cleaning, but I can still do it. Might want to look into maybe a buffer to put on the follower so it doesn't do that on yours. Mine was one of those Ecuadorean Air Force ones you could find for like $150 a while back. The guy selling them was German Imports out of Miami if memory serves. Nice guy. I find it to be a fairly neat little pistol.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Are these ammo sensitive?

What works, what doesn't?

I have a Keltec P32 (yeah, I know, not in the same league) and it loves 71 gr and Hornady XTF 60 gr. but totally chokes on any other 60 gr. FMJ. It likes the longer 71-73 gr. FMJ.

·
Registered
11,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are neat little pistols but are a bit snappy. I’ve had this one now since the summer of ‘85. It doesn’t get used much anymore but I don’t think that I’ll ever get rid of it. View attachment 498191
.380 is peppier than the .32, one of the reasons I like it. Also have a Walther/Manurhin PP in .32. Good shooter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts