M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always liked guns. Collected my favorite pistols first. About a year ago got a Browning A-Bolt in 30-06 and a Browning Safari Mark II in .308, both with optics. Waiting for this virus to settle down to pick up my M1A Tanker from my FFL. I consider it the in-between stage between my scoped rifles and my pump shotguns/pistols. Have wanted an M1A for quite a while. Finally decided to do it.

I'm a clinical psychologist who has been working in prisons evaluating sexual and nonsexual violent offenders, and psychopaths, for the past 30 years. I live in rural New England with deer, and an occasional black bear and an even more rare moose coming through my property. Not really a hunter, just like to shoot and I've seen enough bad guys in prison that I'm mindful of who comes on my property.

One former inmate apparently tried to get directions to my home. I knew he was getting out and told my local postmaster that all my friends and family knew how to find me and please don't give out directions because of the types of people I work with. He looked at me kind of funny. Two weeks later, he came up to me while I was at the Post Office and told me someone had stopped in claiming to be a long lost friend the week after I had stopped in. That rattled me.

So anyways, I've been lurking for a few months, now I've joined. I doubt I will post much as I'm not a veteran or a hunter, but I've enjoyed reading the posts here.

·
Administrator
17,394 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often Joom.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,429 Posts
Welcome in from SoCal!

Keep your doors locked and don't answer unless you know who it is 100% or that they have real legitimate business at your home! We have a security system that immediately brings up the app when the doorbell rings, and you can see who it is on the camera. It's great. If I don't know who it is or they are not in a uniform, I don't answer. I have a job where I have to confront shoplifters and very bad behavior and have to kick them out of the store. I have had hundreds of death threats over 20 years , many promised to come to my house and get even or give me what I deserve.

And enjoy your new M1A!
m14brian

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
424 Posts
I doubt I will post much as I'm not a veteran or a hunter, but I've enjoyed reading the posts here.
Don't let that faze you, Joom. I'm neither a veteran nor a hunter either, but I've been here for a long time. I've learned a great deal, and hopefully have supplied some occasional information of my own.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome aboard, I grew up in Mass., spent some time backpacking in Green mtns, and White mtns. in NH, beautiful country. Been in Commiefornia for 20 yrs, miss New England.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Joom. You'll find this place to be very helpful, and very informative.

Sounds like, living in that world, you could use a little bit of Tactical Training.

If you've already addressed that need, excellent!
If not, maybe that spooky little reminder is just the inspiration you need to fill that void.

I have spent the past 23 years Learning and Teaching the fine art of the gun
and I can honestly say that it's the ultimate safety blanket and acquiring REAL training and REAL skills is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts