M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Saw this, looks like Lib Dims, rubber stamping anti 2A gun laws, is coming home to roost!

Hope the light bulb comes on for some of them, anyway???USN5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was chatting with a friend of mine recently and the topic of gun sales came up. My friend’s father owns a gun range near me and she said he’s seen a huge amount of liberals coming in to purchase weapons in recent weeks.

How does he know they’re liberals?

“They’re shocked to discover they can’t just walk out of the store with a gun.”

We’ve all heard about gun sales skyrocketing recently, but I hadn’t considered some of the tangential effects of the phenomenon until I spoke to my friend. Not only are many liberals suddenly learning to love their Second Amendment rights, many of them are finding out that the gun control narrative in this country — as repeated loudly and often by Hollywood and the mainstream media — is a complete lie.

So, I contacted my friend’s father to ask about what he is seeing personally at his own range these days. Gregg Bouslog runs On-Target Indoor Shooting Range in Laguna Niguel, CA. It’s where I taught my son to shoot and where I’ll teach my daughter once the chaos lifts. He says that while others are stuck at home while the economy grinds to a halt, he’s been working nonstop at the range as the applications for background checks and permits are stacking up daily. Bouslog claims he hasn’t done business like this since the days of Obama.

As the owner of an indoor shooting range and gun store here in California these past 14 years we have never experienced such a huge demand for firearms and ammunition – even higher than the famous Obama rush of 2012/2013.

While it’s nice to see some businesses flourishing in these scary times, Bouslog says that safety has been a huge issue at the range, as many first-time buyers seem to have gotten all of their notions about guns and gun safety from television.

We tried to look at just who the new firearm purchasers were and we believe that more than 60% of these individuals were first time buyers. I can’t describe the amount of fear in my staff as we had the buyers show proof of safe handling as part of the purchase process as required by law. You have never seen so many barrels pointed at sales staff and other customers. It was truly frightening. We had to keep stopping the process to give quick safety lessons. We are adding many more basic classes in the coming weeks and encouraged these buyers to please attend. We hope they do.

This isn’t hard to believe. As a gun-owner who formerly abhorred the Second Amendment, I can personally testify to the fact that most people who believe they are anti-gun are actually just anti-stupid. They just don’t realize they’re projecting their own stupidity onto law-abiding gun owners. They imagine that we gun owners are just a bunch of yahoos out here combing our mullets, waving our guns around to look sexy while we look for anything or anyone to shoot at any time. They have no respect for the power of a weapon and treat them accordingly, which is what Bouslog is witnessing firsthand at his range. We gun owners, of course, take safety, care and precautions quite seriously. These are ingrained in the culture of gun ownership.

While the safety of the employees at the range is a very serious matter, the most amusing and annoying part for the staff has been watching these first-time buyers discover just how stringent gun laws in California really are, including one of our newest laws requiring background checks before buying ammunition. Bouslog says it’s a bridge too far for the people who have been told their whole lives that it’s easier to get a gun than an abortion.

More than a dozen of these buyers (men and women) actually thought that since they filled out and signed everything, they could just walk out and go home with the firearm. Several actually said they saw how easy it was to buy a gun on TV and why did they have to fill out all these forms.

The majority of these first timers lost their minds when we went through the Ammo Law requirements. Most used language not normally heard, even in a gun range. We pointed out that since no one working here voted for these laws, then maybe they might know someone who did. And, maybe they should go back and talk to those people and tell them to re-think their position on firearms – we were trying to be nice.

Most were VERY vocal about why it takes 10 days minimum (sometimes longer if the DOJ is backed up) to take their property home with them. They ask why do I need to wait 10 days if I need the protection today or tomorrow? We pointed out again that no one working here voted in support of that law.

They really went crazy when we told them that for each firearm they had to do the same amount of paperwork and they could only purchase ONE handgun every 30 days. Again, we didn’t [vote] for that law.

We had people cuss at us and stomp out when we explained that secondary identification had to be part of the paperwork, as they felt insulted that what they had wasn’t good enough. We have a number of Yelp reviews calling us names and other things about how bad we are because of this whole new buyer rush

Again, I truly hope for the safety of those range employees in the face of so many uninformed and incurious first-time buyers. That being said, I find this whole situation fascinating. So many things in our economy and way of life are shifting monumentally these days. Could the gun control battle be one of them?

I discovered the idiocy of my anti-gun beliefs once I decided to learn about them firsthand. The Hollywood mystique immediately fell away and I was imbued with a new respect for weaponry and the people who dedicate their lives to weapons safety and serving and protecting the Second Amendment. You can’t know how bonkers our gun control laws are until you go try to buy one yourself.

There are a lot of people like me out there right now — first-timers and Second Amendment haters who feel like a hypocrite for wanting a gun for protection. Like I did, now they are navigating our convoluted gun laws for themselves and discovering that it is just not possible to walk into a store, buy a gun and leave with it in your pocket.

As these revelations begin to spread among our liberal brethren in the state of California, will we see a shift in gun laws and support for anti-Second Amendment legislators? Only time will tell, but it will surely be an interesting question to ponder in the coming months and years.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seagiant, I must say it's hard to imagine you as anti-gun.
Hi,
That would be correct!

Guns or Firearms are FREEDOM...

It has always driven me crazy, that half this Country can't seem to figure that out???

Hopefully if nothing else good comes out of this situation it will be more People defending their 2A Rights, and...

Getting away from CHINA and bringing our jobs back to this Country.

Easy to see the bought off Senators and the MSN fighting for CHINA and trying to blame everything on the Man trying to get us out of that one way situation anyway!

As I have said before, the Alarm Bell is ringing, Folks!!!RNGR3

Attachments

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
seagiant, I must say it's hard to imagine you as anti-gun.
Seagiant, you didn't write this did you?

As a gun-owner who formerly abhorred the Second Amendment, I can personally testify to the fact that most people who believe they are anti-gun are actually just anti-stupid.
I know they exist but:

abhorred - regard with disgust and hatred.

The author is definitely anti-gun, as this sentence basically calls the entire pro-gun community "stupid", or he not a great writer.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seagiant, you didn't write this did you?

I know they exist but:

abhorred - regard with disgust and hatred.

The author is definitely anti-gun, as this sentence basically calls the entire pro-gun community "stupid", or he not a great writer.
Hi,
Sorry, now I see there is some confusion, which is my fault.

No, I did not write it...

Here is a link so you get all the info.

Sorry again for not presenting it correctly!

https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2020/04/10/815520/

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I re-read that 3 times before I made that statement.

Thanks for clarifying, it was just throwing me, thinking of you as ever having been a hater of all that is glorious about firearms.

That would be like ME hating guns...I've been Crazy-in-Love since my first shot at about 7 years old.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I was kind of confused by the article at first but after re-reading it, I found that the writer was once an anti-gun person but had "converted" to become a gun advocate. That doesn't happen very often but it surely does happen. I don't know if this is the case with this writer but those who are from certain areas of the country are raised in an anti-gun environment. They are lead to believe that simply being around a firearm puts one's life at risk so consequently anyone who owns one must be mentally deficient. Of course, that is pure nonsense. We all live around motor vehicles which are dangerous if used incorrectly but we still use them because the risk is mitigated by adhering to established safety rules and they do offer benefits which outweigh the risk. Exactly the same is true of firearms. Certain experiences can cause logic to seep into the mind of such individuals and then sometimes they become gun rights advocates. One of those experiences is feeling helpless when a threat is present. All of a sudden, ownership of a weapon doesn't seem so stupid. Perhaps this latest situation will cause some to change their preconceived notions. Only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,082 Posts
I read a similar article today about a (D) city councilman that was very angry at the law. What strikes me most besides the outright ignorance, which is where a lot of lies come from about how easy it is to get a gun, is the entitlement of these Libtards, i.e., "What do you mean I have to wait 10 days, I need it NOW"!
I sure hope some of them learn something. GI9
m14brian

·
Registered
472 Posts
I wonder how many have fell for the lie that you could order guns via internet (with ease) only to fail background checks? What 10 day waiting period?

I wonder how many in California learnt they have to pass background checks to just buy ammo now? I also wonder how many were "protesting" for gun and ammo ban only months ago? Grasshopper and the ants story.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read a similar article today about a (D) city councilman that was very angry at the law. What strikes me most besides the outright ignorance, which is where a lot of lies come from about how easy it is to get a gun, is the entitlement of these Libtards, i.e., "What do you mean I have to wait 10 days, I need it NOW"!
I sure hope some of them learn something. GI9
m14brian
Hi,
You nailed it!

Wait till a Lib or one of his family is killed or raped by an Illegal Alien or say a Refugee...

Oh, they do go crazy, and they want the Perp hung from the nearest lamp post, NOW!

Seen it time, and time again, in the news.

They seem to forget, they were fighting for, Open Borders, and Sanctuary Cities, last week???RNGR3

Attachments

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THAT young lady has it right. Don't think I would want to mess with her.
Hi,
I was in Israel years ago, catching a ride back into town...

In a van/taxi with a group of people.

The van would stop along the way to drop and pick people up.

At one stop a young (18 yrs. old) IDF Soldier got in the van with a full blown UZI with about a 3" barrel.

Well, that was different!!!

Never forget that!USNA

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
Some of my democrat friends are all clamoring to get firearms, after the prisoner release. I was laughing. Some ordered firearms and confused when told that they have to wait or cannot get ammo on same day. I told them ..well YOU voted for all them anti-gun laws. Now they realize how the law-abiding jump the many hoops just to be law-abiding.

The threat of being victimized has become very real all of a sudden to liberals. But..we should welcome them w/ open arms. I hope they do not end up killing someone by mistake coz of incompetence being new firearms owners.

There is a fight coming and even liberals can sense it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
This is a good chance to bring our liberal friends into the fold of firearms ownership. Insist on the expectations of responsible owners. There are people out there who should not be around anything mechanical or sharp. I just hope they are not those.

An incompetent firearm owner will give the rest of us all a bad name. Liberals have this idea that we are all deranged for even thinking of owning any. But with any group, there is always one who is gifted w/ stupidity.

Reactions: electricnic

·
Registered
103 Posts
sounds good at first, but what is a gun worth in the hands of people who have no idea how to use a weapon or are not willing to use it in the right time... nice to know for criminals who need a gun.

And like highlandfarmer says, let one of these shoot at the false person. I met older ladies in courses for firearm - owners ( the course requires this knowledge ), they had no idea of the difference between a .22 rimfire and a shotgun. Fear is not a good reason for some to own a gun.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Years ago, many citizens were either raised around firearms and were taught by their father how to safely handle them or were trained in the use of small arms by the military. Things are different now but one thing is still the same - folks do need some sort of training in order to safely own and use a firearm - especially in a stressful situation. That means that there often is a need for new gun owners to seek professional training. In our state, one must take an authorized personal protection course in order to obtain a concealed pistol permit. The course is at least 10 hours with a minimum of 3 hours on the range. It might not be sufficient for everyone but it sure makes a huge difference for most. I could tell you some pretty amazing stories. Even if some one doesn't want to obtain a CPL, it is prudent for many to seek formal training. What many folks think of when when the subject of training comes up is the "tacticool" training offered by many who "advertise" via you tube videos. That isn't what most folks need or even want so they are immediately turned off to the idea of formal training. Many of us offer training that is geared toward the average firearm owner - not someone who wants to be prepared for the "zombie apocalypse". If you know of someone new to firearms, steer them toward meaningful training. It is a win win situation.

·
Registered
178 Posts
sounds good at first, but what is a gun worth in the hands of people who have no idea how to use a weapon or are not willing to use it in the right time... nice to know for criminals who need a gun.

And like highlandfarmer says, let one of these shoot at the false person. I met older ladies in courses for firearm - owners ( the course requires this knowledge ), they had no idea of the difference between a .22 rimfire and a shotgun. Fear is not a good reason for some to own a gun.
Everyone was a first time gun owner at some point-cut a little slack here. Maybe help educate these first time owners when you encounter them at a range.

Bill

1 - 20 of 41 Posts