M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quietly...

She left the factory on 11 October 96 as a "promotional M1A Loaded".

They took a stock M1A and added a NM Medium weight barrel, NM Flash Suppressor and NM Trigger group all wrapped up in a Reconditioned GI stock. The previous owner added the NM hooded rear sight and a recoil pad. Not sure what happened to her between October of 96 and July 2010 when I found her in a gun shop in Rockville MD.

Since I got her, I've added the following:
Match Rifle leather sling
Shimmed GC
Sadlak recoil spring guide
Fulton Unitized GC
4th Gen Al Scope Mount
Leupold Mark 4 Long Range Tactical M1 Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4.5-14x 50mm Side Focus Matte
Leupold Rings
M14 Direct Connect (DC) Vortex Flash Eliminator
GLFS-D-22 Dovetail
Fisher M14-DC Suppressor
Bedding to wooden stock
Tubb Precision CS M1A/M14 Op-Rod & Hammer Spring set

Enjoy

Bryan

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Quietly...

She left the factory on 11 October 96 as a "promotional M1A Loaded".

They took a stock M1A and added a NM Medium weight barrel, NM Flash Suppressor and NM Trigger group all wrapped up in a Reconditioned GI stock. The previous owner added the NM hooded rear sight and a recoil pad. Not sure what happened to her between October of 96 and July 2010 when I found her in a gun shop in Rockville MD.
Since I got her, I've added the following:
Shimmed GC
Sadlak recoil spring guide
Fulton Unitized GC
4th Gen Al Scope Mount
Match Rifle leather sling
M14 Direct Connect (DC) Vortex Flash Eliminator
GLFS-D-22 Dovetail
Fisher M14-DC Suppressor
Bedding to wooden stock
Tubb Precision CS M1A/M14 Op-Rod & Hammer Spring set

Enjoy

Bryan
I almost bought one similar to that a few years back from Atlantic.....or was this from Gilberts?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Then you probably would have bought the rifle your looking at. RNGR1 I got it at Atlantic.

Bryan
I just remember them having a couple M1A's in which was unusual for Atlantic Guns. They are big time (or were) AR15 dealers....same as their Silver Spring store. I remember looking at the M1A's and the guy explaining it had a heavier barrel. Sadly I was there to buy a Rock River Upper for a build and passed on the rifle. I regret it......and the one I passed up at Hendershots prior to their move from Hancock MD to Hagerstown MD.

Its a small world sometimes....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts