M14 Forum banner

Let's see those reloading rooms!!!

155K views 379 replies 165 participants last post by  Nukeworker 
#1 ·
Let's see some pictures of where the magic happens.

#2 ·
Makes my setup look like tinker toys.

#5 ·
That just kinda makes me think of the theory about cluttered desks and geniuses. Mines pretty much the same way except the floor is clean. Gotta love the 1050 though.

Reactions: jkh62
#6 ·
I have to share space in my woodworking shop for reloading. I have wall cabinets to stash all my reloading stuff in when I'm woodworking (except the Lee Turret press, which is bolted to my bench and I just work around.)

Someday ....

Reactions: 3Gunnah
#7 ·
It's a mess.
LOL You have no idea. Mine is a total disaster right now. My new fiance moved in last month and she's full of these funny notions about how my gun cradle and tools don't belong on the dinner table, the brass cleaning tumbler and buckets don't belong on the kitchen counter, etc. I have no idea where she gets these ideas.

A few limited shots of a room in turmoil:

#212 ·
As I look at your very neat setup, especially the carpet, I remember years ago when my wife blew up the old hoover when she sucked up unspent small pistol primers secreted in the carpet weave. She was not amused and ruined one of those old 60's stainless 2 ton hoovers. Your carpet doesn't look like the weave that would hide primers, but be careful. DI5

#15 ·
Is that a Stevens Model 77 (or Savage or Springfield) on the wall? I'm in the middle of rehab'ing mine. Sure looks like it.

Seems like you either hear people say they are tanks, or junk. Either way I really like mine. Been in the family since before I was born. (I'm 38)

-Chris

Love it. Very nice set ups. Mine is a little simpler. I have gear out on the bench for 1 particular cartridge load at a time. Storage and other dies are at the other end of my little shop. Helps an old fartasaurus keep from making mistakes.

http://

#10 ·
I've posted most of these before but you asked...

Lyman T-Mag II turret press & Hornady single stage
(note: T-Mag II box is not recommended)

Brass prep central: case gets trimmed, length checked, case mouth chamfered & de-burred, primer pocket cleaned, primer seated & loading tray filled up

Hornady LNL AP

Oooops, that's my other hobby! An original "blackface" Princeton Reverb amp that needed some TLC and a couple of new tubes.

Some vintage electronic test equipment:

Of course I've got nothing to compare to that monster radio someone posted earlier...

#14 ·
This is my progressive setup, . . .

Progress out of the can, . . . to the first stage on the right, . . . to the next stage on the left, . . . etc.

Anyway, . . . it's paid for, . . . does the job, . . . and it is MY corner, . . . I can usually go back there and absoposilutely nobody will come back there and bug me.

May God bless,
Dwight

#18 ·
Dwight

Those Lyman Spartan presses are very well built. My dad bought 1 new in 1968, and give it to me in the early nineties when I loaded my first rounds. Then in early 2000's I discovered Dillon, my OCD took over and the rest as they say is history.

Reactions: dwight55
#23 ·
Wow you guys have nice setups, here is my modest setup hand made benches a bit over engineered, I just didnt what the benches moving around on me :) Sizing Lake City brass requires a nice firm setup.

I was casting today for my grandpa's little .32SW and 32-20 today, so all the case prep stuff and triimers was swaped out for the casting stuff, storage racks are all off in the corner. Powder and primer storage is in a different location.

#25 ·
OMG....... Is that a 650 WITHOUT a case feeder? I think there may be a law against that.GI3

#26 ·
Hi 3Gunnah....

Funny my 650 will turn 20 years old this year, it was $400 bucks new back in 1993, and the case feeder I couldnt afford then. Frankly just never got around to it...

You see the small tubes of pcv above it, they hold roughly 25 rds of .308 and 30-40 rds of .38, 10mm or .44, I just feel up run em dry and then refill :) I'm always verifying powder charges or checking COAL so when I run dry, I get up to check the charge on the scale..then refill the tubes and do it again.

I guess I should go ahead and get one...

#29 · (Edited)
I sure miss the basement I had in Missouri, I'm back in my home State of Louisiana, a basement goes by a different name "swimming pool". So I built a small room (12x15) in the garage, I wanted a bigger space but this was about all I could spare. Nothing fancy like I had to build for the wife's soap making hobby...

This is a detached 16x30 building with a full bathroom. There are 2 types of men in this world... one that will admit his wife is the boss and the other one is........ a liar.

#31 ·
I could use more room and definitely some white paint, ( its dark in my loading cave) but its what I got and I make a whole lotta good shooting' ammo in here. I have a lot of junk in that closet that I have got to get rid of! I use the lock N Load for pistols and 223 and the T Mag for 7mm-08, 308, and match 223. I spend more time in here than I should, but I love to shoot and load!

#32 ·
No real pics showing “The Room”….but
Here are a few of my tools;
What I started my Reloading with….The Lee Loader in .38 / .357
Tens of thousands of Rounds loaded with this Bad Boy:

My “Original” (‘70s) Lee Turret Press:

The Die Collection….All RCBS Tools in their own Turrets and Lee Die Boxes:

A box full of RCBS, Little Dandy Powder Rotors, 00 thru 28:

My Home Brewed Brass Tumbler:

Here are the different Rounds I reload:

And my “Toy Box”:

#34 ·
I swear I posted pics early this morning, but they are nowhere to be found. Here I go again.

My bench is filled with iron & steel presses that complement my wood & steel Service Rifles. All were made in the same era (1945-1990).

Looking at the left side of the bench

Looking at the right-side of the bench

A good look at the presses along the right-edge of the bench

The bookshelves with their racks of attachments

The entire bench, 12-feet of Reloading Nirvana

#35 ·
Here's mine. I finished this about a year ago with some free 35 year old cabnets. Notice the CLEAN counter top-just finished a project an hour ago and like to clear it off when I'm done before I start another. The shelves are another matter!

And my patent-pending "shelf cabinet". Had a small cabinet left over and thought what the hell, screw it onto the shelf. It's really come in handy to.

Before this I just had a small microwave stand to use so I really LOVE my current setup. I was more than happy with how it came out.

#37 ·
A stout workbench certainly makes for easier reloading, especially when full length sizing brass from unknown sources. That old door shown in my photos above was rescued from someone who was throwing it out many years ago. It was my first loading bench, and quite satisfactory, but bad ugly! Retired it from reloading for some time in favor of a "nicer" bench, but it never had quite the stability of the "door". The door became an engine workbench, easily capable of supporting two 351 Cleveland engines on top, with more heads and such on the shelf underneath. But finally the car stuff went away, the table became a catch-all until I came to my senses and recently returned it to it's former duty. Much better! Happier loading and no flexing or wiggling.