M14 Forum banner
321 - 340 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Because I cant think of a better place to ask - has anyone experimented with putting a table for references/music etc up on the wall in the garage? I figured Id just pick up a cheap one and mount it with some velcro but curious if other people have done similar things. I use a laptop now to do that and maintain my excel sheet with all my data but that takes up some valuable bench real estate

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hello,
Art, how is that high dollar RCBS powder measure working for you?. Was is worth the extra monies(double) of the ChargeMaster Supreme? Is it that much quicker with two dispensing tubes?. Was it worth the .004 vs .1?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Also curious, I bought a second hand hornady auto charger that really struggles to reliably throw IMR 4064 if the grain count is below about 45 or so. Over throw after over throw

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
Hello,
Art, how is that high dollar RCBS powder measure working for you?. Was is worth the extra monies(double) of the ChargeMaster Supreme? Is it that much quicker with two dispensing tubes?. Was it worth the .004 vs .1?
I am loving it. The chargemaster was great for generic loading. The matchmaster, in match mode, actually works to .02 gn and much better than the .04 advertised and way better than the .1 of others.
Not any faster, about 15 to 20 seconds per drop, but for precision loads I am more than impressed. Love having powder measured to the kernel.

·
Premium Member
20,399 Posts
Also curious, I bought a second hand hornady auto charger that really struggles to reliably throw IMR 4064 if the grain count is below about 45 or so. Over throw after over throw
The Chargemasters with the drop tube mod have eliminated over throws almost completely and do well with 4064 to .1gn.

To me , the Matchmaster is well worth the cost and in the fastest mode sends loads quite well to .04.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well now , I think I'll do a little complaining. I went back to my post an saw that my picture had been removed.. I'm getting ready to up date my room an post a new picture.. I think I will not.. In my original picture you can see in the back ground a picture of the STARS AND BARS..
This re-writing of our past and history has got to stop. I'm proud of my SOUTHERN HERITAGE and will not bow to the LEFT.. We are a better nation because we had that conflict..

Rant Over..

Carry On!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well now , I think I'll do a little complaining. I went back to my post an saw that my picture had been removed.. I'm getting ready to up date my room an post a new picture.. I think I will not.. In my original picture you can see in the back ground a picture of the STARS AND BARS..
This re-writing of our past and history has got to stop. I'm proud of my SOUTHERN HERITAGE and will not bow to the LEFT.. We are a better nation because we had that conflict..

Rant Over..

Carry On!!
I want to see the picture of your reloading room. Proud descendent of Confederate Veterans from Georgia.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

Rant Over..

Carry On!!
I just went through all 17 pages and see many photos no longer there but did see one photo that shows part of a stars and bars flag. Looked for a post by you but did not see one so I guess I missed it. Did you insert the photo directly into the post or was it hosted by a third party hosting site? Please post some photos of you updated reloading room when you are done.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I just went through all 17 pages and see many photos no longer there but did see one photo that shows part of a stars and bars flag. Looked for a post by you but did not see one so I guess I missed it. Did you insert the photo directly into the post or was it hosted by a third party hosting site? Please post some photos of you updated reloading room when you are done.
Cowtownscout You can see that post #123,124 several members responded to the thread. I even commented on loading the picture upside down. Now this could be just a little computer glitch, but I think not. I posted on another thread about how I learned to shoot a gun, an used the slang for a RACCOON in describing the hunt and my grandfather teaching me how to shoot the RACCOON out of the tree.. The Moderators removed the word, sad. At almost 70 years old I don't know a single hunter that uses the term RACCON hunting when loading up the dogs and gear for the nights hunt. Oh well times are different.

Carry On !!!

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
Can you tell me the brand name of the racks ? Thanks, Gary
I got them at Home Depot. They are the heavy duty ones. they were about 80.00 each 6 years ago.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I bought some of the plastic shelves, and for a while they looked fine, but after six months, or so, they began to sag. That's what I get for trying to go the cheap route.
You also need to consider what the floor and framing is under your ammo storage.

Reactions: Gary8907

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, I'm embarrassed now. My reloading gear, along with my duck hunting gear and my fishing gear, are relegated to sharing garage with an old camaro.....wish I had a reloading room like that...again wow.....

321 - 340 of 347 Posts