M14 Forum banner
301 - 314 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hello,
Nothing, like keeping all your Easter eggs in one basket...
Myself, I was taught not to keep/store the blasting caps with the powder charges in avalanche control school.. and that stuck in my components storage. Yet, too each his own....
Yes, I know they do ship them together, but.... Better safe than (boom) sorry, though.
That's correct, I practice social "components distancing" for the hell of it....and a peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Nothing fancy here . . . finally got to where I could get back in it after the winter and all the stuff that happens when the snow flies.

Couple of single stage lymans, . . . and a turret as well, . . . do .45ACP mostly, . . . been known to mess with 5.56 and 7.62 x 51.

May God bless,
Dwight

Attachments

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Nothing fancy here . . . finally got to where I could get back in it after the winter and all the stuff that happens when the snow flies.

Couple of single stage lymans, . . . and a turret as well, . . . do .45ACP mostly, . . . been known to mess with 5.56 and 7.62 x 51.

May God bless,
Dwight
Nice setup! I started reloading on a Lyman press just like that that my dad bought brand new in 1968. GI1

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Nice setup! I started reloading on a Lyman press just like that that my dad bought brand new in 1968. GI1
All three of those are in that age range, . . .

I got out of reloading for about 10 years, . . . when I got back in, . . . got those off Ebay, . . .

My first one was a single stage in about 1971.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Keep your powder dry since we are in a great depression of components
My friend and I were talking about reloading for the 1K range this Summer.
Hopefully, we can keep the presses fed for the foreseeable future. If not, we'll be busy with other problems.

Looks like you've got that plastic shelving unit operating right near it's MAX...

I like to use 2nd hand, 4 drawer files for stuff like that.
Tough as nails and cheap too.
I prefer the keeping my supplies in the open so it's easy for me to keep account of what I have. Now I just got to get all my brass and projectiles in a order...

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts

May God bless,
Dwight
You say nothing fancy here but it sure makes one feel at home.

Stay safe, and god bless.

Ren

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
My little piece of heaven.....
My wife says "NOT ONE SQUARE FOOT MORE, MISTER
.......I MEAN IT"

S-

Reactions: DenStinett

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Ok, no laughing..........
I aspire to have a bench (and the sqft) to build a 'reloading zone' like 1000yards. That is so awesome. Please forgive me if I keep that picture so I can emulate it some day. Some day, when I have the room (wife permitting) I will. I am even saving a 4'x3' piece of 1-1/4" silestone to make my dream bench. I have a place to store my stuff - as the last pic shows - but I am bench challenged..... T7, rock chucker and all the accoutrements are set up in the basement - on a wicked heavy coffee table - in front of the baseball/football game. My Sinclair BR rig (in a pelican case) is the counterweight. I call this improvising........for almost 20 years now. The Dillon SDB has to be setup on my garage workbench - because it just has to be due to the way it works and how much leverage it takes.
It has worked for me for a long time. I have loaded allot of competition ammo in the basement. On that coffee table (I hear the giggling now....)
Perhaps this inspires some of you to not bag reloading because you don't have the room.
I tried the kitchen table.... That lasted a sum total of 3 hours and my hobby was banished to the man cave.... which worked out fine for me. The garage is my domain - pretty much, but my SDB cranks out 300-400 rds an hour so it goes pretty fast and doesn't get my bride spun up.
New reloaders - do it! It's very satisfying to punch little holes in paper (or game) with ammo that you had a hand in making yourself. It can be done! No hillbilly jokes please.....
Best, S-

301 - 314 of 314 Posts