M14 Forum banner
281 - 300 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm with you seagiant!
I frequently wish I could be as organized as some of these guys.

The truth however, is that I have far more tools and far more hobbies than any other person I know. My wife is a slightly less extreme version. We were writing down a list of our different shops that are needed for different hobbies/skills/crafts. Right now we have about 6-7 and that would be more like 10 when we get where we want to be.

If I made a point of cleaning up every mess, as I made them, I would have an amazing surgically clean world AND I'd never get a damn thing done.

These days I make several messes and pause to clean when changing directions or doing finishes.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Removeable shelves for reloading table

I have a 4 x 8 table in the center of my shop. I'm looking to build a 3-4 foot wide by 2-3 foot high shelf that I can easily lift off the table if I need to work on something big. I plan on hanging tools, bins, and whatnot. One side will be for reloading and the other for gun cleaning and maintenance.

Anyone have pics of something similar?

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I have a 4 x 8 table in the center of my shop. I'm looking to build a 3-4 foot wide by 2-3 foot high shelf that I can easily lift off the table if I need to work on something big. I plan on hanging tools, bins, and whatnot. One side will be for reloading and the other for gun cleaning and maintenance.

Anyone have pics of something similar?
Many years ago my brothers and I had HO trains and slot cars.

Our layout was on 2 sheets of 4x8 plywood, sitting on saw horses.

Our Dad devised a system of pulleys and ropes that would raise the pieces of plywood up to the ceiling of the garage to free up space.

He mounted two boat winches to the wall for raising and lowering the plywood sheets.

No pictures available.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
^^^ nice! ^^^

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I up-graded this corner of the Shop this weekend:

.... with a new "Tool":

A 28" HDTV hooked-up to a DirecTV Mini
Given the "Music Choice" on DTV, I'll be able to ditch that old "BroBox" too
I have resisted the urge to install a computer or television in my reloading room. if my cell rings I walk outside the reloading room to talk. I keep the bench stocked with enough reload manuals to answer most load questions I might have. I go into the house to use the Internet for load research.

Maybe I'm a feeble minded idiot and have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time, but imho a distraction like a TV at the reloading bench is a recipe for disaster. People PLEASE be careful if you have such distractions where you reload.

Reactions: boltaction

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Keep your powder dry since we are in a great depression of components
You only notice shortages if you're required to buy during them, which means you probably didn't have enough in the first place!GI2

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Keep your powder dry since we are in a great depression of components
My friend and I were talking about reloading for the 1K range this Summer.
Hopefully, we can keep the presses fed for the foreseeable future. If not, we'll be busy with other problems.

Looks like you've got that plastic shelving unit operating right near it's MAX...USN3

I like to use 2nd hand, 4 drawer files for stuff like that.
Tough as nails and cheap too.

281 - 300 of 347 Posts