M14 Forum banner

1441 - 1449 of 1449 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
My M1A needs a few small adjustments but she is basically 90% done. I was really bummed out that the biggest cheek riser on that magpul sga isn't high enough (can't use a pistol grip/HBA since im CA)
Can you lower the optic at all? I have a really basic primary arms red dot that mounts directly to the rail, definitely much lower. It doesn't look nearly as cool as that one, but it'd probably work.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slxz-advanced-rotary-knob-micro-red-dot-sight

With the setup as is, how much lower would it require?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My M1A needs a few small adjustments but she is basically 90% done. I was really bummed out that the biggest cheek riser on that magpul sga isn't high enough (can't use a pistol grip/HBA since im CA)
Can you lower the optic at all? I have a really basic primary arms red dot that mounts directly to the rail, definitely much lower. It doesn't look nearly as cool as that one, but it'd probably work.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slxz-advanced-rotary-knob-micro-red-dot-sight

With the setup as is, how much lower would it require?
The original optic was gonna buy was the 1-8x ACSS but they were sold out everywhere which led me to get the kickass cyclops. I could lower the optic but my thumb will be in the way of my view when i do a thumb brake technique. I need another 1.5in rise on the sga stock. My intention with M1A is a fast target acquisition/rapid fire setup (like Trex arms). I was gonna buy an AR-15 but i hated the featureless design at the time i bought my M1A. So i bought the m1a and slowly upgraded it.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
^^^ can't you just put a strap on cheek riser on your Magpul?

Reactions: MuppetMeat4Me

·
Registered
3 Posts
^^^ can't you just put a strap on cheek riser on your Magpul?
I just bought one today, its gonna take awhile to ship it. Also, anyone have issues with SEI bolt stop extension? It seems like every bullet on the left side of the magazine activate the bolt stop partially and prevent the rifle from feeding.

1441 - 1449 of 1449 Posts