M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my Fulton M39 DMR (M14/21 in a SAGE Mod 0 chassis, FA fixed rcver scope mount). FA built the gun for me with NM Op rod spring guide, NM trigger job, and Criterion chrome lined barrel. I put a NF 3.5X15x55 scope with NF Ultra Light rings on it. I'm relatively new to the M14 game. The last time I shot a M14 was 20 plus years ago when I was a young pup on the USS Benjamin Franklin. Anyway, the gun shot amazingly well! Sub MOA at 100 yards for me. My brother (an experienced shooter) was shooting close to half inch groups. We were using various match grade ammo to find what it likes best (Hornady 168 gr, Black Hills 168 gr, and Federal Gold Medal 168 gr). It all shot well but the Hornady and Black Hills shot slightly better than the Federal in my gun. I can't say enough good things about this gun/scope combo! Thanks to Clint and his crew at Fulton for building me an amazing gun. Thanks to Chirs at Sport Optics for counseling me and guiding me towards the NF scope and rings. All of it was on the expensive side, but you do get what you pay for!

·
Premium Member
17,709 Posts
Welcome to the forum jaws306. Congratulations on your new toy. Sounds like you and your brother made some wise purchases.
Semper Fi from NW CT
Art

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics

Thought I had uploaded pics with the original post. I'm still a newbie. Lets see if I can get them to load this time.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The rifles beautiful, but so is the scenery at your range.

I'm putting my loaded standard together about that same way

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys!

Thanks for all of the complements. Nope, that's not Connecticut. It's Colorado! I'm here visiting friends and family and doing some job hunting. I retired from the military not long ago and our kids are off to college. My wife and I figure its a good time for a change of scenery and we're going to a pro-gun state!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another Pic

Here's a pic of me shooting my baby yesterday with the Rockies in the background.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I was gonna say. I haven't been to Connecticut but the scenery around there looks a lot like my A.O.

Glad you are enjoying the new build.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think its called Frontier. My brother is a member. They have a range just east of Colo Springs and the big one south of Security (that's where those pics were taken).

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have never owned a FA 14 but close friends have over the years and they think very highly of them. Rifles are used a great deal in XC matches and over time shown to be very durable and accurate. Fit and finish on their rifles is top drawer. Good luck with your new career search.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you everyone for your warm wishes, welcomes, and compliments . Even the south-paws. I'm an odd duck...I am right handed, but shoot left.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts