M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a nice moment at the city range today. I was trying out the M1 with its new gas cylinder and NM sight, when a kid maybe 14 came over and asked about it. I told him if he asked his dad, I'd let him shoot it. You should have seen that kid's face light up! He shot it well, too.

:D

NMM1AFan

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Kids......

I would have loved to see the kid's smile - there is nothing like it. For years, I have found old starter kid's .22 in pawn shops and gun shops - tinkered with them, replaced parts and made them safe --- then, with the permission of the parents of course, gave the .22 to a kid after a plinking session. The .22's were not much, but the reward of giving them a good home and, hopefully, starting a youngster off on the right foot was worth the effort. The smile on the young man's face had to be something to see.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Was at my club and a kid and his dad kept eyeing up my Luger. The kid asked about it so I showed it to him , let him hold it and asked him if he'd like to fire it , (if OK with Dad). His face lit up , he asked to keep the empty as he had only shot .22s. I talked with his dad for a bit and found out he was the new VP of the club.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.