M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four Les Tam service rifle slings and I also purchased the third tripple keeper that he offers for each one of the slings. Does anyone know where how or when it is used? I don't know where to install the tripple strap keeper. An illustration would be a huge help.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'd put two of them in the bigger loop where you stick your arm. One keeper gets cinched down onto your arm, the 2nd gets slipped up near the frog to ensure it stays in place. Put the 3rd keeper on the shorter part hooked to the rear sling swivel, to keep that frog in place.

Easy as pie.

Never heard of these Les Tam slings before.... what makes them any better than an issue 1907?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Les Tam Sling

I have had one for a few years now,,Awesome sling !!! They are a bit heavier duty than a normal NM sling. Thicker leather,,better Frogs,,maybe even better leather,,they are just super nice !!! They are Custom made also,,,Les will call ya,,ask you your height,,weight,type of rifle,,etc,he wants to make sure it will be correct for You and your rifle !! And then he adds his special touch,,,your Initials,,,Service emblem if you want,,depending on what branch of the Service you were in,,stuff like that. They cost a bit more,,,,but I thing they are well worth the extra $$$ & the little bit of wait you have to get one ! Check them out. GI6 http://www.lestam.com/ Hmmmm,,I think I just talked myself into another one,,,LOL !!

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
B 2/75 I understand your theory. This is a three strap keeper though. It's not supposed to go in the small loop. The only thing I can come up with is when the sling is in the, and I know this is the wrong term, storage position that's the oy time three straps are next to each other. I will give him a call tonight. He is 6 hours behind the east coast. I'll let you know what he says.
The sling is a service rifle sling(1907) it's a world apart from anything you have ever seen before. I take a picture and post it here. I just replaced my cotton sling for one. Will do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
For NRA & CMP competition, only 2 keepers are allowed on the 1907 sling.

The 3-strap keeper can be used if you want a tight keeper that goes around 3 straps.
It just depends on how the sling is rigged, and whether a 3-strap keeper is desired.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
It would be like the loop you see at the center of the sling here:

I had to get a larger one in order to fit the three straps.

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just called him and left a message I let you guys know what he has to say.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I just called him and left a message I let you guys know what he has to say.
I sent him a email yesterday,but have not heard back yet myself !!! Hmmmm,maybe he is on Vacation,,,GI8 LOL,,if you Live in Hawaii,,where they heck do ya go on vacation ??? Let us know 82nd when he gets back at ya ! Hopefully I'll hear in a day or so myself !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts