M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
17,159 Posts
Yes, I have his # RC003 from September 2005. Plus Lee's 2nd addition copy as well. It's has a great depth of info on the M14 rifle and all the vendors that made the parts and codes plus the history behind a great battlerifle.

DI5

Reactions: durango42

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,021 Posts
Don't forget to check out Lee Emerson's other M14 book, the Pictorial M14 Magazine Identification Guide Version 1.5 . A great resource if you are buying magazines.
m14brian

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
IIRC, Lee prefers to have folks contact him to acquire the PDF book. I doubt he will be pleased to see it posted in the open.

I also think it prudent to throw him a few bucks each time you request an updated book be sent. Imagine the amount of time and effort Mr. Emerson has spent compiling these data for us. I agree the document is an incredible reference. $10 here and there from us will help him keep at it.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Some of you might be familiar with this book already but has anyone ever read into this 736 page M14 masterpiece of knowledge goodness that I just randomly stumbled upon? Seems like a good resource.

From now on, questions asked will be answered with, "... just read the book"!

http://rsternconsulting.com/M14 RHAD Text Only Edition 130629.pdf
Questions are never answered with "just read the book", they are however answered with" according to Different"--- Different is Lee's forum name.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I appreciate the kind words. I prefer that my books not be posted on the Internet unless I give permission. The reason is that by the time they are discovered, they are older editions. The current version of the Pictorial M14 Magazine Identification Guide is Version 1.8 not 1.5 as mentioned above. The June 2013 version of M14 Rifle History and Development linked above does not have my permission to be posted.

Hard copy versions of my books are available at ZERO profit to me. Just Google "Lulu Press" and go from there. Yes, what is available at "Lulu Press" is only a few weeks old at worst. The freebie electronic version of the magazine ID guide is also available there (80 MB). If you want the latest freebie electronic copy of M14 Rifle History and Development, just e-mail me. I delete your e-mail upon reply and do not send out spam. Trust me, I add more information to M14 Rifle History and Development almost on a daily basis. TIA [email protected]

FYI, same goes for the other small articles that I've self-published for free. These documents get updated as more information becomes available. The California Connection was expanded earlier this month. The Lubricants Comparision spreadsheet was updated this week. I've been updating serial numbers on commercial M14 rifles and adding more detail on various accessories in M14 RHAD just this month. Right now, I'm working on incorporating some very interesting information into M14 RHAD from a 1968 document, Critical Combat Performances, Knowledges, And Skills Required of The Infantry Squad Leader: Rifle, 7.62-MM, M14A1.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Right now, I'm working on incorporating some very interesting information into M14 RHAD from a 1968 document, Critical Combat Performances, Knowledges, And Skills Required of The Infantry Squad Leader: Rifle, 7.62-MM, M14A1.
This has been completed. M14.ca has the 12/15/2013 version posted. Lulu Press has the 12/21/2013 version available (zero profit to me).

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Different, where did the picture on the cover of your book come from? Just noticed it's a E2 stock.
From M14 Rifle History and Development Fifth Edition Volume 1 page ii:

"Front Cover: September 01, 1987 - Armed with a M14A1 rifle, a U. S. Navy Sea-Air-Land (SEAL) team member hides in the foliage at the edge of a river while providing cover for fellow team members during a tactical warfare training exercise. Photo by Journalist First Class Lynn Jenkins, U. S. Navy."

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I get the impression that you were unaware that Lee is a member of this forum and posts here often?
You are absolutely right, I was totally unaware....but pleasantly surprised! I am respectfully astonished by the amount of knowledge most of you have regarding the '14 platform. I only have a couple of years now with this system, and I'm sincerely enjoying the ride so far. I've always had a great affinity for quality long guns with iron sights / good accuracy and what gets me so excited is I believe the Garand patterned sights are the best.

I'm sad that in this very helpful internet age, publications periodically get easily copied and "ripped off". But hey, that's how I found some of this stuff out.

Mr "Different", Let me contribute by saying your hard work is definitely appreciated and thank you for compiling it all together!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The book the only book......

It's my hospital book. I have a friend that is paralyzed, and I take that book with me every time I take her, to the hospital. 10 to 12 times a year for hours upon hours at a time. I have read it cover to cover 50+ times. It is my catcher in the rye book. I am sure it will be listed or referenced in some court document about me some day down the road. Thanks Lee, for all the future trouble you will be bringing me when that day comes. Rant, rant, and some more ranting.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I need more book shelves!!!!!!!! I have three 6 foot tall double wide oak book shelves and one 6 foot tall single wide, with books stacked in boxes and on tables!!!!! Just trying to find some book shelves that match what I already have..... I see a future fortune being spent on Lee's books!!!!!!

·
Administrator
17,159 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts